Ever thought of starting a blog, but procrastinated about it? Blogging can be one of the most fun and rewarding things that you’ll do. Here’s some of the reasons why I think you should take the plunge:
1. Your own personal space on the internet. A place where you can express yourself however and whenever you want. Making it private or personal, sharing with your friends or posting anonymously. Write about your passions, your thoughts, your fears, or post cute cat photos. This is your space and you can choose whatever you want to do with it.
2. Meet like minded people. I’m sure most of us have hobbies and interests, and sometimes we get a little embarrassed to share them to people you meet. With a blog, the people who read and follow it are people who are genuinely interested in the topics that you post about.
3. Learn digital and content writing skills. Everyone can start a blog using WordPress or Blogspot, and along the way you’ll probably develop some skills in HTML, analysing web stats and content writing for the web. Digital skills are in demand today and what a fun way to showcase your abilities!
4. Start a discussion. In life we are constant learners and we can never really truly be an expert in the field. Project your thoughts out there, and discover other opinions and mindsets, and find out about the things that you are truly passionate about. Blogging has allowed me to keep up to date with the latest books available.
5. Exhibit your creativity. Blogging allows you to have a creative outlet where you can delve into the world of web and graphic design, the topics that you post about, or even how you post. I’m constantly experimenting with how I can get my posts out there and promote, and after nearly 2 years I’m still enjoying it.
6. Inspire people. Have an awesome idea but have no where to share it? Start a blog and tell the world! No one’s going to find out if you keep it to yourself. You never know, your blog might inspire others to start one too!
7. Positive reinforcement. Getting comments and feedback will help you improve, and it’s really exciting hearing what others have to say about your writing! Blog comments and shares are the brighter part of my day and I love receiving them.
8. Last but not least, it’s heaps of fun! Having your own space on the web, chatting to like minded people, and writing about topics that interest you is definitely fun. No one is there pressuring you to write and people will take notice when you are having fun.
These are only a few of the reasons why blogging is rewarding, and it’s not a perfected art and even the most novice blogger will improve over time. There’s lots of positives to blogging but not a lot of downsides – so why don’t you start one now?
Why did you start your blog or why do you want to start one?
You might also like..
Latest posts by Jeann @ Happy Indulgence (see all)
- The Ones That Disappeared Review: Child Slavery, Hope & Magical Realism - September 16, 2017
- Trust Review: Sex Positive YA Romance - September 10, 2017
- A Shadow’s Breath Review: Rebuilding Life After Domestic Violence - September 2, 2017