Happy 2 Year Blogoversary!
2 years ago, I started blogging as a way to create my own space and share my reviews away from Goodreads. Back then, I didn’t realise it would expand into something I would be proud of and a platform where I would connect with fellow readers and bloggers. Blogging is something I have done all of my life, and my first foray into hobby blogging has turned out to be a worthy pursuit.
That is because I’ve gotten to meet, connect with and chat with so many wonderful book bloggers, publishers, and readers, and that is something that I am thankful for. Who knew there was such a passionate and supportive community of bloggers out there? A community who knows exactly what ups and downs I would face in book blogging, never-ending TBRs, commenting pressure, and more?
You guys are not only people that I fangirl and gush over books with, but you are part of my support network. Connecting and chatting over books has allowed me to get to know some of you and the individual quirks that make up who you are. Book bloggers as a whole, are an incredibly supportive and welcoming community. Sure, there may be some bad eggs out there, but you’ve been nothing but supportive for me.
Book blogging itself, has been an amazing and unexpectedly encompassing experience. I started this not knowing that one day, I’ll be reviewing for some of the world’s major publishing houses. That I’ll be on the street team of one of the most amazing, inspirational authors (David Estes). That I’ll have people out there who would actually read what I post on the internet, and even take the time out to comment and share their opinion.
And most of all, that I’ll have people, like you, who come to this blog everyday and inspire, support and motivate me. To continue blogging and to share with you my passion, and to let me know that it’s okay to have a hobby that you are absolutely passionate about.
Thank you to each and every one of you for reading, commenting, visiting, interacting with, linking and sharing my posts on Happy Indulgence. I wouldn’t be doing this without you, my readers.
A special shout out goes out to:
- My girl Kelly @ Diva Booknerd, for being the hilarious and brutally honest you.
- My girl Chiara @ Books for a Delicate Eternity, for our talks, Theo fangirling, and movie going.
- My girl Bec @ Readers Wonderland, for your hilarious awkwardness, Layton fangirling and being there to chat to when either of us need it.
- My fellow Aussie YA bloggers for being such an amazing and supportive community: Nara, Laura, Joy, Sunny, Francoise, Kate, Kristy, Gina, Eugenia, Cait, Cyn, Ely, Shirley, Rochelle, Mands, Brea, Angel, Sarah.
- My fellow Estes Angels, Dre, Jenny, Karen, Kelly, Lola, Michael and of course David, for the funny stories and the support.
- My supportive Filipino bloggers and our Google Chats and Twitter DMs, Faye, Aimee, Amir, Jules, Francine, Ella.
- To Dani and Michelle, for being there from the very beginning.
- My loyal commentors and bloggers who consistently visit and comment on my blog: Emily, Cait, Braine, Siiri, Kaitlin, Jessica, Joy, Amanda, Carmel, Rashika, Faye, Aimee, Dre, Kelly, Allie, Melissa, Mel, Celine, Larissa, Chyna, Kimba, Glass, Nick, Alise, Melliane, Tanja, Pili, Zoe, Lisa, Stephanie, Marianne, Jennifer, Sophia, Tabitha, Tammy, Cristina, Purple, Lexxie, Christy, Henrietta, czai, Wendy, Ana…there are just so many of you and I fear I’ve probably missed out on people but THANK YOU.
- To all the amazing Australian publishers for putting your faith in me, to offer my thoughts on your books to my readers.
- To Aisha @ Brisbane Libraries, for letting me guest blog and holding amazing YA events.
- To all of the authors who I’ve worked with, who are ever so grateful.
The thing about doing thank you posts is that I am so terrified that I have forgotten someone, but even if your name isn’t listed here, thank you so much. I appreciate each and every one of you.
Mushy part over, it wouldn’t be a party without a giveaway!
To enter, fill in the applicable rafflecopter form below. No cheating! Any fake entries will disqualify you for the prize.
- Over 13 years to enter
- Winners will be picked at random and must respond within 48 hours
- Winner will be announced on the rafflecopter form.
- The Book Depository must ship to your country.
- Fake entries will be disqualified.
- Entries close on 25 July 2014 Australian EST.
International Giveaway – Win a $15 book of your choice on The Book Depository!
Australian Giveaway – Win 3 Paperbacks – The Secret Diary of Lizzie Bennet, The Calling and Subtle Knife. International entries will be ignored.
You might also like..
Latest posts by Jeann @ Happy Indulgence (see all)
- My Book Blogging Presentations at Whitsunday Voices - August 13, 2019
- Review and Q&A: The Surprising Power of a Good Dumpling - August 2, 2019
- The Dysasters Review: Cheesy, Predictable and Problematic - July 26, 2019