Indulgence Insider is my version of Stacking the Shelves and the Sunday Post, bringing you this week’s haul, bookish news and discussion posts from around the blogosphere!
Thank you all for helping me celebrate my 2 year blogoversary this week, it was a wonderful day and I feel very loved! Hopefully I will be blogging for many more years to come 🙂 Enter my giveaway here if you haven’t already to win a $15 TBD book of your choice!
Last week I didn’t have an Indulgence Insider, I usually do them when I gather up enough books to preview.
I have always posted at 6pm during the weekday and whatever time on the weekends. This week I’ve been changing up my posting times, around 9am or 12pm on weekdays. Do you guys have a preference for posting times?
Review copies – physical
Four: A Divergent Collection by Veronica Roth – Totally in for some more Four!
We Were Liars by E. Lockhart – I have finished reading this from my buddy read with Kristy and it is amazing. Still gathering my thoughts on it.
The Queen of Tearling by Erika Johansen – Signed proof copy and I read the insert and Emma Watson has read the book and is cast in the film – wow!
Five Ways to Fall by K.A. Tucker – Have heard very good things, very eager to continue the series.
Masquerade by Kylie Fornasier – No doubt this will be incredibly atmospheric, I look forward to it.
Thank you to Random House Australia, Allen and Unwin, Harper Collins Australia, Simon & Schuster Australia and Penguin Australia!
I really need to stay away from the library, but every time I go in to return my books I feel the urge to check out what’s on the shelves. I’ve been working through these copies at the moment, some I’ve really wanted to read for ages like Ketchup Clouds and Roomies.
Every Word by Ellie Marney – Thank you to Mel @ YA Midnight Reads for your amazing competition!
Lots of awesome discussion posts happening in the past 2 weeks…here’s some that I enjoyed:
- Cyn @ Book Munchies talks about Summer Reads and some of her recommendations.
- Cait @ Notebook Sisters talks about the nice parents in Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe.
- Lillian @ Books and Cake guest posting on Books for a Delicate Eternity about waiting for the prices of new release books to drop.
- Marianne @ Borucian Bookworms talks about what makes a good book to movie adaptation.
- Tammy @ Books Bones & Buffy shows her survey results for who reads YA…and the results may surprise you (or not).
- Emily @ The Loony Teen Writer talks about the problem with rating books.
- Laura @ Laura Plus Books discusses commenting on other people’s comments.
- Melanie @ YA Midnight Reads talks about her favourite type of posts.
- Asti @ Oh The Books talks about why blogging is worth it for her.
- The Social Potatoes and Amir @ The Not So Literary Heiresses get together in the first Potato Podcast to discuss the Slate article and how it doesn’t matter what you read.
- Marianne @ Cristina Book Reviews talks about the YA tropes that she’s tired of reading.
- UK’s first YA book convention, YALC was a hit according to book goers, pubs and authors everywhere. When are we getting an Aussie one?
- 2nd teaser trailer for Mockingjay is out:
On the Blog
What books did you receive this week? Any bookish news to share? Link me below!
You might also like..
Latest posts by Jeann @ Happy Indulgence (see all)
- Aurora Burning Review: 10 Things I Liked & Disliked - May 25, 2020
- What I Loved About The City We Became - May 21, 2020
- Book Blogging Tips: How We Plan, Write & Review Posts - May 8, 2020