Indulgence Insider is my version of Stacking the Shelves and the Sunday Post, bringing you this week’s haul, bookish news and discussion posts from around the blogosphere!
Happy Indulgence reached 500 Likes on Facebook, thank you to everyone for liking the page! Like or comment this status to win 1 of 5 signed David Estes bookmarks!
This week I launched a new feature, Read Play Blog with Ana from Read Me Away. It is a monthly meme posted on the 16th of every month combining books and games. The meme is formatted into three parts: Question (which we post up a month in advance), Recommendation, and Currently Playing.
Next month’s question is: What is your favourite gaming genre?
I hope you guys can all participate and link back on the 16th of August! Check out Ana’s post here for more information on the meme.
Review copies – physical
Heat and Light by Ellen Van Neerven – This is a fascinating entry into Australian fiction with three parts to in – Heat, Light and Water, one which is a generational family saga, one a futuristic world, and the other a contemporary.
Sinner by Maggie Stiefvater – I am so keen on reading Cole’s story, I loved the Wolves of Mercy Falls and the beautiful writing.
Thank you to UQP and Scholastic Australia for sending me these review copies!
Rebel Belle by Rachel Hawkins – This is for the Australian YA Bloggers book club read this month, we are starting our buddy read on Monday 21st here.
Delirium by Lauren Oliver – This is one of the weirdest covers I’ve seen for the series but it was really cheap on TBD, less than $4 on their 24 hour sale, and I enjoyed the first book.
Love Lies & Lemon Pies by Katy Cannon – Borrowed this new release from the library, apparently it’s a contemporary that has some great recipes in it.
Thank you to David Estes Books and Skylar for sending me these signed bookmarks! I have a whole heap of David Estes ones to giveaway, keep an eye out.
Review copies – digital
Dangerous Boys by Abigail Haas – I absolutely loved Dangerous Girls and sadly, the author explains why the book didn’t sell well worldwide. While the book will be available in the UK, it won’t be released in the US. Read more about it and sign up for an ARC and the book blitz here.
Bought – eBooks (Click on the covers for the Goodreads page)
- Melissa @ I Swim for Oceans shares six truths about book blogging
- Tabitha @ Not Yet Read shares how the Top Reviewer Ranking is scored on Goodreads
- Laura Plus Books talks about her inability to DNF books
- Dre @ Sporadic Reads shares some tips to help us comment when it feels like a chore
- Tammy @ Books, Bones & Buffy discusses getting free books from publishers and the obligations
- The 2nd Social Potato Podcast discussing the Sailor Moon Crystal release is out.
- Laini Taylor is coming to Australia – The secret’s out, she’ll be here for the Brisbane Writer’s Festival on 3-7 September and Sydney on 1 September!
- Have you signed up to receive the Australian YA Bloggers Newsletter? It’s filled with Australian YA releases, a blogger snapshot, bookish news and book events. You don’t need to be Aussie or a book blogger to receive it, and it’s not too late to sign up for our August newsletter.
On the Blog
This week’s posts on Happy Indulgence:
Review: The Secret Diary of Lizzie Bennet by Bernie Su and Kate Rorick
Read Play Blog #1 – New books & gaming feature!
Review: Breaking Butterflies by M. Anjelais
Chatterbox: The bookish completionist
What books did you receive this week? Any bookish news to share? Link me below!
You might also like..
Latest posts by Jeann @ Happy Indulgence (see all)
- April Wrap Up Video: My Thoughts on 9 Books, Yay! - May 21, 2017
- Blogging Motivation: The Struggle is Real - May 19, 2017
- The Crown’s Fate Review: Imperial Russian Fantasy with a Lacklustre Ending - May 14, 2017