Indulgence Insider is my version of Stacking the Shelves and the Sunday Post, bringing you this week’s haul, bookish news and discussion posts from around the blogosphere!
I can’t believe we’re in August already! It feels like Christmas has just gone by and this month has crept up really quickly! I also caught up with blog comments and making the blogging rounds so I feel a lot more relaxed about things this week.
Have you scheduled your post for the Read Play Blog gaming feature on August 16th? The topic is What is your favourite gaming genre? Ana and I would love for you to take part!
This week I finally decided to put a call out for a co-blogger and/or co-reviewer. Thanks to those who have sent in applications, I’ll be waiting for a few more to come in before I decide, so stand by! If you’re thinking of blogging or if you just want to contribute, this is the perfect opportunity. And if you’ve been procrastinating about your application, remember you have to be in it to be considered!
The Book of Life by Deborah Harkness – I’ve enjoyed the last 2 books in this detailed time travelling, vampire romance so had to get this one to see where the series goes. The cover is beautiful and simple as well.
Landline by Rainbow Rowell – One of my most anticipated reads this year, can’t wait to see how it is! I’ve loved Rainbow’s adult reads.
Masquerade by Kylie Fornasier – I’ve already received a copy of this book for review, but kindly enough the author offered me a signed copy of the book on Twitter. It is such a beautiful quote and in purple pen as well! I’ll be offering a copy of Masquerade for giveaway when I put my review up next week. Sorry, it’d be Aust only, but I’ve got a great giveaway coming up for US/Canadians soon!
Ricochet by Krista & Becca Ritchie – I also hopelessly got addicted to the Addicted series (ha) thanks to Siiri and Christy’s book pushing. So I bought the sequel to the first already, my review will be up on Monday.
Of course it wouldn’t be a week gone by without visiting the library. I had to return a book so I took the opportunity to browse the shelves for others.
YAY because I was able to catch up on my blogging rounds, I got to read your discussion posts and here’s some I particularly enjoyed:
- Mel @ The Daily Prophecy continues her spoiler discussion and talks about spoilers in comments.
- It’s Lily Calloway’s birthday celebration from the Addicted series and there’s some awesome fanmade pieces here!
- Siiri @ Little Pieces of Imagination interviewed me on her blog and it was a lot of fun!
- Tabitha @ Not Yet Read talks about ARCs and what publicists want us to do (and not do) with them.
- Larissa @ YA Midnight Reads tells us how to become a bestselling YA author (it’s hilarious).
- Aimee @ Deadly Darlings talks about how negative reviews affect her TBR.
- Tanja @ Ja citam, a ti talks about meeting new bookish people online.
- Allie @ Little Birdie Books compares Daughter of Smoke & Bone covers.
- The next Social Potato Podcast is out talking about the art of commenting.
- Angela @ Angela’s Anxious Life talks about her time at San Diego Comic Con and I’m completely jealous.
- The August Australian YA Bloggers Newsletter was released. For those of you who missed it, you can view it here. Make sure you sign up for future newsletters!
- Kinokuniya Sydney is having a massive National Bookshop Day event with a YA book buzz event on Saturday August 9. Guests will include Garth Nix and Margo Lanagan. RSVP here.
- Watch the Divergent knife in the eye scene here, which is what we missed from the movie – warning, it’s actually quite graphic.
- The official Mockingjay Part 1 trailer is out and it brought me goosebumps as usual:
- The 2nd Giver Trailer is out which I’m SO EXCITED about, it’s one of my favourite books ever:
On the Blog
This week you may have missed…
We’re looking for co-bloggers/co-reviewers!
Giveaway & Review: We Were Liars by E. Lockhart
Review: Aristotle & Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe
Series Recaps: Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 2 – Sailor Mercury
What did you add to your shelves? Any bookish news I should know about? Discuss below!