It’s Baack! With Michelle coming on board and my nasty bout of the flu, I’ve been busy (and offline). By now you guys would have met the lovely Michelle, who is the newest resident to Happy Indulgence Books. She’s been awesome so far and I’ve really enjoy having this little ball of energy on board. Check out her introduction and wish her well if you haven’t already.
I uploaded the latest gaming feature, Read Play Blog #2: What is your favourite gaming genre? I’m glad some of you have decided to jump onboard this monthly meme, and for those of you who haven’t yet, it’s not too late to participate until the 16th of September. Tell us your favourite gaming genre, recommendation, what you are currently playing and link back – that’s all there is to it!
It’s been a busy few bookish weeks for me and I’ll try and keep up with this feature!
Review copies – physical
The Rapunzel Dilemma by Jennifer Kloester
How to Save the Universe in 10 Easy Steps by Allison Rushby
Since You’ve Been Gone by Morgan Matson
Trail by Fire by Josephine Angelini
Ugly Love by Colleen Hoover
The Book of Days by K.A. Barker
Thank you to Penguin Australia, Simon and Schuster Australia, Pan Macmillan Australia, and Allen and Unwin for sending me these books for review!
Review copies – digital (Click on the cover for the Goodreads link)
Errr, so I’ve been a naughty little click happy Netgalley/Edelweiss hauler lately.
We also received ARCs of David Estes’s latest book about witches, Brew. Cover reveal is coming September 10.
Thank you to Skyscape, Orchard Books, Algonquin, Little Brown, Harper Teen, Balzer & Bray, Penguin Random House for these eARCs.
The Immortal Crown by Richelle Mead – I wasn’t going to read this after disappointment from the first book, but I picked it up when I saw it at the library.
Vitro by Jessica Khoury – I’ve been wanting to read this forever!
Terminated by Rachel Caine – Bought this from TBD so I could get a bookmark, and then I got a creepy emo one T_T
Thank you so much to Candlewick Press for sending me this beautiful set of paperbacks! I just love this set, it’s totally gorgeous.
Hey, y’all! I still can’t believe that I’m participating in this post. When I used to stalk this blog back in the good ol’ days, this was my favourite feature of Jeann’s that I enjoyed reading. Who doesn’t love to look at book hauls, bookish news, and the newest discussion posts all in one? This is simply a masterpiece, if you ask me.
I’ve been really busy lately–I’m on vacation in Florida! Yes, I have visited Barnes & Noble and Books-A-Million and will be sharing a few items that I got from there. 😉 Since about about a week ago, I’ve finally been caught up with blogging and reading. I was enjoying myself so much that time flew by so quickly and I didn’t have time for anything! I sure missed the feeling of being organized and free. 🙂
Once I get back to Canada, I hope that I can get my breath of fresh air that will hopefully help me successfully begin reading all of my ARCs and building up my Netgalley acceptance ratio–you don’t even want to know what it currently is, haha.
Jeann has helped me successfully post my first review here on the blog! Far From You, by Tess Sharpe, is a sure new favourite for you. Check it out here!
Also, I’ve just read probably the best book ever. *sings Best Song Ever–bookish edition* AKA, ISLA AND THE HAPPILY EVER AFTER! My review is coming up on Thursday, so stay tuned!
Review copies – physical
Yes, haha, all of my book haul photos will be featured at the beach. 😉
How We Fall by Kate Brauning – When seeing the cover for this book, I really thought that it’d be about mermaids or sirens. Thankfully, it isn’t! (Mermaid-books despise me.) I’m really looking forward to read this beauty, and thank you so much to the author for the swag, as well!
Diamonds in the Rough by Michelle Madow – I haven’t read The Secret Diamond Sisters when I received this, but I either way was excited because if I did enjoy it, which I did, I can get on straight to the sequel without having to wait! (The diamond ring isn’t part of my haul, but it did go well with the title!)
Thank you to Harlequin Teen and Kate Brauning for these ARCs!
Review copies – digital
Contessa by Lori L. Otto – Automatic add to my TBR list. This probably would be a perfect drama idea for a TV show!
Since Forever Ago by Olivia Besse – Aw, look at that adorable couple! *squeals* Riley, the protagonist, sounds awesome and strong, and I just can’t wait to meet her in this new addition.
The Elementalists by C. Sharp – Rising sea levels? Droughts? Tornadoes? I love apocalyptic atmospheres in YA, so I know that this is going to be a new favourite. Care to join in to read this with me?
Since You’ve Been Gone by Mary Jennifer Payne – I am auto-approved by this publisher on Netgalley, and when I read about this new YA novel, I sent it to my Kindle right away. I’m so excited to begin it!
Thank you to Wunderland Press, Vook, Diversion Books, and Dundurn for these e-ARCs!
Orphan Black doesn’t really count as a “book,” but I wanted to share the fact that I got it with you guys! The idea sounds like the perfect premise for a sci-fi adventure book, and I can’t wait to watch it! Let me know some of your thoughts of it below! I’m so excited for Gone Girl, especially since it’s becoming a movie?, if I’m not mistaken. 🙂
Star Crossed was actually a gift from Jennifer Echols! Thank you! I won it through a Twitter giveaway, but it was part of the photo, so why take it out? I also got some bookmarks, too! I went to Barnes & Noble and got the beautiful Magnolia! Isn’t it supposed to be a Romeo and Juliet retelling? Yes, and the moment we’ve all been waiting for– I GOT ISLA AND THE HAPPILY EVER AFTER! It was the last copy *squeals* and I read it in a day. I can’t wait to share my thoughts on it with you guys!
Here’s our favourite discussions from the past few weeks:
- Emily @ The Loony Teen Writer talks about blogger envy.
- Eugenia @ Chasm of books interviewed E. Lockhart, the author of we Were Liars.
- Marianne @ Cristina’s Book Reviews shares the agony of when everyone else has read the book.
- Book Munchies celebrates 500 followers and blog birthdays with a giveaway.
- Yori @ Wrikudoro talks about why he likes Sailor Moon.
- Jessica @ Rabid Reads talks about transitioning from YA Romance to Adult Romance.
- Faye @ The Social Potato talks about whether people will be selfish in an apocalyptic situation.
- Larissa @ YA Midnight Reads discusses the importance of YA
- Chasm of Books talks about book lending and swaps
- Amanda @ The Book Badger discusses losing patience over new releases.
- Cait @ Notebook Sisters talks about comparing books from the same author.
- Dre @ Sporadic Reads talks about people judging another person by the books they read.
- Lola @ Hit or Miss Books celebrates her one-month blogoversary with a review and giveaway.
- Sarah @ Smitten Over Books talks about her anime favourites.
- Oz Comic Con Brisbane and Sydney are coming up in September! Some of the superstar guests include Orlando Bloom, Jason Dohring, Chris Judge, Jason Mamoa, various Buffy, Veronica Mars and Stargate guests. I AM SO EXCITED.
- Love YA is coming up on the 6 of September at the Brisbane, and I’m super excited! Can’t wait to see some of you there along with…LAINI TAYLOR. And other authors!
- The If I Stay movie has been released in the US as of yesterday, with an Australian release date of 28 August. Have you guys seen it yet? Michelle has seen it and adored it to death—it’s her favourite movie and book-to-film adaptation!
- Book bloggers – Sign up to the cover reveal for Brew, David Estes’s new book about witches! We’ve heard awesome things so far…
- Help fund the LitRate kickstarter campaign, an awesome book lovers community with a tonne of great features, created by Ashley of Nose Graze and the UBB plugin!
- The 5th Wave movie adaptation has a release date – January 29, 2016 starring Chloe Moretz from If I Stay!
- PTA share their Epic YA recommendations still to come in 2014 here.
- Shailene Woodley is starring alongside Eva Green in an R rated movie, White Bird in a Blizzard and it looks briliant.
- Gone Girl Trailer 2 is out and WOAH. The suspense. The accusations. I NEED TO READ THIS NOW. Thankfully I, Michelle, has gotten it! Woot!
- The Giver has released in North America and it’s been raved about to this day. Book-to-film adaptations are releasing frequently now!
- Jennifer L. Armentrout’s highly acclaimed Lux series has hit a high milestone with sales!
- E. Lockhart admits here that she has surprisingly written We Were Liars FIFTEEN TIMES!
What did you add to your shelves this week? Any bookish news? Let us know in the comments below!
You might also like..
Latest posts by Jeann @ Happy Indulgence (see all)
- Ninth House Review: Revenge, the Occult and Secret Societies - October 18, 2019
- 9 Things I Liked & Disliked About Frankly In Love - October 12, 2019
- Escaping a Cult-Like World: Hive and Rogue #LoveOzYA Reviews - September 27, 2019