Omg guys last week was the BEST WEEKEND EVERR. There is just so much to tell you about the Love YA Festival, meeting Laini Taylor, Amie Kaufman, Sean Williams, K.A. Barker that I just had to write a whole new post about it! I had so much fun on the day, and my panel went really well too.
The day after was OZ COMIC CON where I fell in love with Jason Dohring all over again and got an awesome hug from him and Orlando Bloom. My event recap post for both of these events will be posted next Friday with heaps of photos – Sorry for the suspense, but it will be worth it! Check out some photos on my Instagram.
Read Play Blog will be up next week with the topic: What is your preferred gaming platform? Schedule your posts up for the 16th of September and link back to the post! I’d love to hear what book bloggers love to game on.
Speaking of gaming, I also reviewed the last episode of The Walking Dead Game (Season 2). It was a tear jerker and heart breaker, which is to be expected.
Review copies – physical
Woah, I got a lot of books in the past 2 weeks! Many of these were unsolicited which is exciting.
Landline by Rainbow Rowell – I’ve already purchased this before, but was lucky enough to receive an ARC.
Heir of Fire by Sarah J. Maas – I reviewed this here and I loved it!
The Jewel by Amy Ewing
Wickedpedia by Chris Van Etten – This and Followers look freaking creepy O_O
Followers by Anna Davies
Paper Planes by Allayne L. Webster
Pandora Jones: Deception by Barry Jonsberg – I haven’t read the first one yet, but I know my fellow Aussie bloggers rated it highly.
The Revenge of Seven by Pittacus Lore – I haven’t read the rest of the series yet – but I’ve heard it’s good!
Cooper Bartholomew Is Dead by Rebecca James – Received a final edition to replace my ARC.
The Maze Runner by James Dashner – I totally forgot to put this in my haul! Started reading it in anticipation of the movie.
Thank you to Hachette Australia, Scholastic Australia, Bloomsbury Australia, Allen and Unwin, Penguin Australia and Walker Books Australia for these review copies!
No books in the past 2 weeks (that restraint!) but my Collector’s edition of The Sims 4 arrived. If you don’t hear or see from me on social media, you’ll know what I’m doing.
I was lucky enough to win the Glow prize pack from Hachette Australia and the Not so Literary Heiresses giveaway from Francine!
It’s seriously been an awesome two weeks since we last posted. I’ve begun high school and am having a blast! Sure, the homework and extra work that I need to do takes up a whole extra bunch of time that I normally would use for reading and blogging, but it’s been worth it as well. Over the past two weeks, I am a new person. Sure, that sounds cheesy as heck, but it’s also true.
I went on an orientation trip up north to the cottage country area and stayed at a camp/activity resort for three days and it was one of the best experiences of my life. I met so many new people, and there are many that I am proud to call my close friends.
This was my view for three days. :’) Too bad there weren’t any moments to read. I’d sure enjoy the whole scenery while being stuck in an addicting world!
There, we did so many activities. Think of an activity done in the wilderness and that’s something that was available to do. Zip-lining, hiking, skateboarding, canoeing, roller-blading, rock-climbing, climbing the high ropes, giant swing, there was so much to do and it’s amazing how the school brought everyone together and gave us experiences of a lifetime.
Yes, it has been a slow few weeks for me with hauls and such, but I’ve been happy with everything going on around me. Plus, I have tons of books that I NEED TO READ ASAP. But really, who doesn’t?
Review copies – physical
Arcana — Thank you so much to the author for sparing me a copy! The cover is absolutely gorgeous and the premise that it has going on just is an illusion, I can’t believe that I have my grabby hands on it!
Review copies – digital (click on the cover for the Goodreads link)
Thank you to Simon Pulse and Harlequin Teen for these goodies!
The Secret Diary of Lizzie Bennett — Finally, right? Jeann has raved about this book, EVERYONE HAS RAVED ABOUT THIS BOOK… except for me. So this is my chance! I’m really excited to see what Lizzie and the others have to offer, and I really do hope that I’ll adore this!
Here’s our favourite discussion posts from the past week:
- Sarah @ Smitten Over Books shares her favourites of the year so far.
- Kim @ The Midnight Garden shares the sparks from the Sarah J Maas, Susan Dennard, Liz Norris, and Tiffany Schmidt event! (I’M SOOO JEALOUS.)
- Cait @ The Notebook Sisters shares her gorgeous bookshelf pics with The Bookshelf Tag!
- It’s Giselle @ Xpresso Read’s 3 Year Blogoversary! Head over and wish her more awesomeness. Psst… There’s a contest as well!
- Laura @ Laura Plus Books talks about insta-love not being insta-attraction
- Joy @ The Bookshelf Intruder talks about blogging vs work
- Angel @ Angel Reads discusses balancing life and blogging
- Emily guest posts on The Notebook sisters abut skim reading
- Rashika @ The Social Potato isn’t a fan of YA bad boys
- Aimee @ Deadly Darlings talks about the art of being a fangirl
- Alise @ Readers in Wonderland discusses doing what you like vs what is successful on a blog
- Chiara @ Books for a Delicate Eternity tells us words that she likes
- Tricia @ Cristina Reads talks about sneaking a peek at the end of the book
- K.A. Barker comments on negative reviews of her own book and how to respond
- Charnell @ Reviews from a Bookworm talks about the never ending TBR
- A book trailer for Rick Yancey’s The Infinite Sea has been released! You can find it here.
- Harper Collins has announced a YA Blogger Party on October the 16th in Sydney! RSVP here.
- Teen author Anna Caltabiano shares her thoughts on how she self-published her first book.
- The Maze Runner is releasing in theatres in the US, Canada and Australia this Thursday & Friday!
- Reading this summer was a favourite! Here are some of the highest-selling YA novels of the summer.
On the Blog
September posts you may have missed…
Contemporary YA Reviews #2: Let’s Get Lost by Adi Alsaid & Zac & Mia by A.J. Betts
Cover Reveal for Brew by David Estes
Where She Went by Gayle Forman Review: Adam Makes Me Depressed
David Estes Guest Post: Do’s & Don’ts for Successful Indie Authors (Without Spam)
Heir of Fire by Sarah J. Maas Review: New Characters & More Ships
Blog Tour & Review: Cooper Bartholomew Is Dead by Rebecca James
Double Review: Something Strange and Deadly & A Darkness Strange and Lovely by Susan Dennard
What did you add to your shelves? Any bookish news we should know about? Discuss below!
You might also like..
Latest posts by Jeann @ Happy Indulgence (see all)
- The Starless Sea Review: Where Did it Go Wrong? - December 3, 2019
- How The Dragon Republic Stacks Up As a Sequel (The Poppy War #2) - November 22, 2019
- The Toll Review: A Satisfying End to the Series - November 12, 2019