IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: This week Happy Indulgence reached 900 Bloglovin followers! I am in total awe, thank you so much everyone for the continued support! We’re partying here, and eating cake.
GAH, it’s been a busy, busy week for me! I’ve been working late at work most nights so I’ve been mostly sleeping, eating, working, rinse and repeat. I don’t know what I would do without scheduled posts – and Michelle! I did get the chance to watch The Giver movie though and it was brilliant, emotional and thought provoking. They did very well with it on screen, even though it highlighted some glaring conveniences (like being able to transfer memories through touch).
I also bought a new phone from the ebay Australia 15% off sale this week, come to mama my new Sony Xperia Z2 (PURPLE)!
Our Read Play Blog gaming meme is up for another month, it’s not too late to join in with the question: What is your preferred gaming platform?
One More Chance by Abbi Glines – I haven’t read the rest of the series unfortunately.
Screwdrivered by Alice Clayton – This cover and name makes me laugh lol!
That’s it for me this week folks!
Hello, hello! I truly must say that Indulgence Insider & Stacking the Shelves are my favourite memes of the week, especially since I can share what I’ve received with you all… and so I can stalk my bloggy buddies and see what they were up to during the week as well! xD
This week has been a pretty ordinary time for me. Nothing much going on! School’s been okay (although the amount of tests that are popping up has been struggling at times…) and I wish I could be reading more! *throws hands in the air* But, whatever… Blogging’s been keeping me sane!
I’m really excited because today (or tomorrow as I’m writing this) I might be going to a huge literary book festival in Toronto! Authors like Megan Crewe, and Lesley Livington will be there, and I seriously need to gear up! I won’t talk about it too much… Because I’m not sure if I’m going—yet. THANK YOU FOR 900 FOLLOWERS GUYSSSS! I love you all! (But it’s all thanks to you and Jeann, tee hee)
Review copies – digital
The Orphan Queen is actually a sampler… But I might be getting a REVIEW COPY soon!
Is that… Is that HEIR OF FIRE hiding in the bushes? YES IT IS! I’m reading this ASAP—NO ONE CAN UNDERSTAND HOW MUCH I LOVE THIS SERIES!
Sanctum – Ahhh sequel time! Asylum was actually one of the best horror stories I’ve ever read, and it even inspired me to write a speech on the subject of asylums last year! I am so ready for late night nightmares and photos that will creep me to death!
Dear Nobody – Did you ever go to the bookstore and just picked up a book and went to buy it without even looking up ratings or wanting to buy it beforehand? That’s exactly what happened here. I just have a feeling in my guts that I will love it!
Breathe, Annie, Breathe – Okay, if you know me from my other blog, A Thousand Lives Lived, then you will know that I am a HUGE Miranda Kenneally fan. I loved every single book from this series, and the cover of this one is the best yet! Although summer is practically over here, I’m getting myself ready for a gorgeous chick-lit!
So now that I am officially obsessed with Michelle Madow and her writing…. I am going to go ahead and read her first series soon, that was actually inspired by Taylor Swift’s video for Love Story! How cool is that? And guess what, guys? REMEMBRANCE IS FREE ON AMAZON! So yeah, I’m excited. *grins like a weirdo*
- Jeann and I got tagged by Cait @ Notebook Sisters to do the to-be-read tag! Check out Cait’s post and answers here!
- Ebony @ Daring Damsels shares her thoughts of 10 books (in gifs!) with The Gif Book Tag!
- Celine and Mel @ YA Midnight Reads share their thoughts of Heir of Fire… in a duo-discussion-based review!
- Michelle did a discussion post on her blog @ A Thousand Lives Lived posts What More We Need in YA!
- Just in time for Zoe @ Deadly Darlings’s birthday, she shares the top 5 books that changed her life… here!
- Emily @ The Loony Teen Writer shows us where she puts her books when you run out of space
- Allie @ Little Birdie Books talks about organising her books
- The Maze Runner is now in theaters! Go on and see it now!
- Let it Snow by John Green, Lauren Myracle and Maureen Johnston has been optioned for a movie!
- September 21 is Toronto’s Word on the Street, Canada’s largest nation-wide book and literature festival! I can’t wait to get some books signed and meet up with authors! (I, Michelle, haha)
- Ahh, guys! I love this list! Here are 40 YA fall titles that will surely “feed your book addiction!” At least, I know it will feed mine!
On the Blog
Posts you may have missed…
Event Recap: Love YA Fest & Oz Comic Con
The Maze Runner by James Dashner Review: Mystery of the Maze
Biggest Flirts by Jennifer Echols Review: The Pure High School Experience
Read Play Blog #3 – Preferred Gaming Platform
Double Review: The Secret Diamond Sisters & Diamonds in the Rough by Michelle Madow
What did you add to your shelves? Any bookish news we should know about? Discuss below!
You might also like..
Latest posts by Jeann @ Happy Indulgence (see all)
- The Wicker King Review: Dark mental health & bisexual rep - June 19, 2020
- The Court of Miracles Review: Les Misérables x Jungle Book Retelling - June 16, 2020
- How to Support #BlackLivesMatter & 5 Books To Read By Black Authors - June 7, 2020