An interesting week for me, if you guys have read my announcement that I’m back to blogging solo.
It’s also a big movie week, saw Gone Girl which was amazing, disturbing, shocking and utterly riveting. I recommend seeing it, if you don’t mind being disturbed. I’ll be watching Maze Runner today, can’t wait for that heart pumping maze action! Can’t wait to let you guys know my thoughts.
Got a bookish instagram up, haven’t got any posts up yet but follow me here.
Gamers: The question for Read Play Blog for October 16th is: What game character would you like to be this Halloween? Have you scheduled your answer, recommendation and currently playing yet? Click here for more info on Read Play Blog.
Review copies — physical
Thank you to UQP, Penguin Australia and Hachette Australia for sending me these review copies!
Review copies — digital (Click on the cover for the Goodreads link)
All the Bright Places by Jennifer Niven – The idea behind this is SO NEAT! Every single ARC that went out contained happy thoughts written on sticky notes. The ones on my book are “A warm chicken sandwich”, “Sunrise”, and “Chocolate” and I totally agree.
The Infinite Sea by Rick Yancey – This gives me a good reason to catch up with The 5th Wave before the movie comes out as well.
Immortal by J.R. Ward – I haven’t read the rest of the series yet, although I’ve been meaning to.
The Walking Dead Book Ten – Bought my yearly instalment of The Walking Dead graphic novel
Messenger of Fear by Michael Grant – Can’t wait to read The Messenger of Fear, I’ve heard great things!
The Eternity Cure by Julie Kagawa – Thank you to Kelly for these copies!
I’ve been a lucky winner lately, won most of these on publisher Twitter and Facebook competitions! That’s a Divergent DVD from HarperCollins (YAY now I can stare at Four all day), Sin City movie pass and DVD (it also came with a Tshirt and hoodie!) even though the movie isn’t showing anymore, and The Maze Runner double movie pass which I’m using today. It’s really worth following publishers on Twitter!
Posts I enjoyed in the past 2 weeks:
- Cait @ Notebook Sisters talks about how to make a book blogger furious in 10 easy steps.
- Dre @ Sporadic reads is looking for another co-blogger! Join this fantastic girl here.
- Marianne @ Borucian Bookworms talks about 10 banned books.
- Ebony @ Daring Damsels opens up nominations for Bookish Awards 2014!
- Aimee @ Deadly Darlings talks about series enders and how we feel.
- Cait @ Notebook Sisters also talks about 10 books she found hard to eat (or read).
- Alise @ Readers in Wonderland discusses posting every day.
- Genie @ Genie in a Book discusses rating, ranting and raving.
- Larissa @ YA Midnight Reads talks about the stigma surrounding YA .
- The latest Australian YA Bloggers Newsletter has gone out, with new releases, bookish events and an exclusive Laini Taylor interview you should check out.
- After the success of The Maze Runner movie, filming for The Scorch Trials has begun with a release date of September 15. The author is also writing another Maze Runner prequel. [Source]
- Remember to register for the HarperCollins Australia YA Party on the 16th of October in Sydney.
- Have you downloaded your free Fire Country by David Estes eBook, which I gave 5 stars to here? Purchase the witch dystopian Brew & sequel Boil for 99c here.
- Watch the next official Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1 trailer.
On the Blog
Posts you may have missed…
- Announcement & Chatterbox: Co-Blogging vs Going Solo
- Giveaway & Review: Brew by David Estes – Post-apocalyptic Witches
- Dystopian YA Reviews #1 – Afterworlds by Scott Westerfield & The Jewel by Amy Ewing
The TBR and GIF Book Tags
- Chatterbox: What Would We Do Without YA?
- Blog Tour & Reviews: Gated and Astray by Amy Christine Parker
- Six Feet Over It by Jennifer Longo Review: Unoriginal, Believable, and Lacking
- Trial by Fire by Josephine Angelini Review: Witches in alternate universes
What did you add to your shelves? Any bookish news we should know about? Discuss below!
You might also like..
Latest posts by Jeann @ Happy Indulgence (see all)
- Ninth House Review: Revenge, the Occult and Secret Societies - October 18, 2019
- 9 Things I Liked & Disliked About Frankly In Love - October 12, 2019
- Escaping a Cult-Like World: Hive and Rogue #LoveOzYA Reviews - September 27, 2019