There was a lot of drama this week in the long lasting author vs blogger feud – author Kathleen Hale admitted to physically stalking a well known book blogger in real life and revealing who she was. Like many other people, I was incredibly disturbed and concerned after reading the article on The Guardian. While the blogosphere has lost a great blogger, we can all learn from this experience and be careful about our personal details online.
I’ve been doing a big spring clean lately and getting rid of books, dvds and clothes that I won’t read or ever use, I’m surprised how much my tastes have changed since filling up my bookshelves! Many of the series are paranormal teen ones which I’ve heard bad reviews of and now will never read, and I still kept my copies of Twilight. Going to donate to the library and Lifeline 🙂 it’s been really rewarding!
Next week is a big one for me – we’re going to PAX Australia which is a big gaming convention held in Melbourne! It’s going to be filled with food, geekery and gaming and going to be the best weekend ever. I’ve got my outfit all sorted: A Captain America Dress from Living Dead Clothing!
Review copies — physical
Atlantia by Allie Condie – I was just reading early reviews and seeing what an interesting world this was exploring Atlantis! What a pleasant surprise, I did enjoy the Matched series so would love to experience this one.
Rooms by Lauren Oliver – I can’t wait to delve into this ghost story for Halloween, I’ve heard good things!
Corruption by Jessica Shirvington – The sequel to Disruption, I wonder how it all pans out?
Thank you to Penguin Australia, Hachette Australia and HarperCollins Australia for the review copies!
Review copies – digital
Will Grayson, Will Grayson by John Green & David Levithan – I requested this ages ago when I was still keeping up with Netgalley (I try and keep those click happy fingers off these days) and finally got accepted many months later lol!
Here’s some discussion posts I have enjoyed:
- Joy @ Joyous Reads talks about confessions of a book addict
- Chyna @ Lite-rate-ture urges authors not to apologise
- Laura @ Laura Plus Books asks do you have a favourite book ever?
- Lily @ Lilys Book Blog asks: is stalking hot or not in YA?
- Allie @ Little Birdie Books shows us book places she wants to go
- Cait @ Notebook Sisters shares 10 types of book bloggers
- Nick @ Nick’s Book Blog talks about lending books
- Kelley @ Oh The books! talks about blending professional and blogging life
- The Mortal Instruments won’t be getting a movie sequel, so instead they’ll be making a TV Show! I don’t know if I’ll be watching it…how about you?
- Morganville Vampires Youtube series will officially be released on October 27! It will be on Geek & Sundry’s channel. Watch the new trailer here!
On The Blog
You may have missed…
AUS Giveaway & Review: Landline by Rainbow Rowell
New Adult Reviews #1: Four Seconds to Lose by K.A. Tucker & Ricochet by Krista & Becca Ritchie
Read Play Blog #4 – What Character I Would Like to Be For Halloween
Movie & Book Review: Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn
Contemporary YA Reviews #3 : The Protected by Claire Zorn & Apple and Rain by Sarah Crossnan
The Book of Days by K.A. Barker Review: Quirky & Charming Adventure
Chatterbox: Didn’t Like the Book? We Won’t Flame You.
What did you add to your shelves this week?
You might also like..
Latest posts by Jeann @ Happy Indulgence (see all)
- June Wrap Up: Got My Reading Mojo Back - July 3, 2020
- The Wicker King Review: Dark mental health & bisexual rep - June 19, 2020
- The Court of Miracles Review: Les Misérables x Jungle Book Retelling - June 16, 2020