Happy Indulgence reached a massive milestone this week and last – 1,600 Twitter followers and 1,000 Bloglovin followers! I am totally excited and THANK YOU so much. I really appreciate all of you guys and all of my recent giveaways are to say thank you. I also finished my GR challenge and have read 120 books this year, yay!
I’ve installed a new commenting system, Intense Debate on the site after reports that people were having trouble commenting. So far, it seems to be working well and I love how fast it is. Please let me know if you guys experience any problems with it!
Last week I saw Mockingjay Part 1 in Gold Class and it was freaking emotional and epic! It really did pull at my heart strings and I felt teary at times, knowing all the action will be in Part 2 I was definitely satisfied with it.
Yesterday I went to Supanova to hear Jack Gleeson’s panel (Joffrey from Game of Thrones).
Also got my books signed by Juliet Marillier and Sean Williams at Supanova 🙂
Next month’s Read Play Blog topic is: “What is on your gaming wishlist? Recommend something to gift to a friend!“? I hope you can participate on the 16th or any time during the month!
Review copies – physical
Miss Peabody’s Inheritance by Elizabeth Jolley – Got this one unsolicited, so not sure about i t.
Talon by Julie Kagawa – Have just read this one and I am SO disappointed =/ review to come.
Dangerous Boys by Abigail Haas – Yay for the physical copy! Loved this, my review is here.
Thank you to UQP, Harlequin Australia and Simon and Schuster for the review copies.
My haul from Supanova yesterday, finally tracked down Anna after scouting the bookstore for ages! Also got a free Star Wars sticker book with my purchase at the Penguin stand 😛
Bought the three books above at the Dymocks 20% off sale last week, super happy with everything, especially the beautiful Ghosts of Heaven hardback.
Here’s some posts I enjoyed in the past few weeks:
- Chiara @ Books for a Delicate Eternity discusses reviewing to inspire people to read
- Kara @ Diary of a Teen Writer talks government and world building in writing
- Faye @ The Social Potato says you don’t need to fall in love in the first book
- Ciera @ The Write Things highlights book characters and their Myer Briggs personality types
- Nara @ Looking for Panacea gives us sci-fi subgenre recommendations
- Cait @ Notebook Sisters is peer pressured into reading what everyone else is
- Cait @ Notebook Sisters asks bloggers to stop apologising for EVERYTHING
- Carmel @ Rabid Reads discusses love triangles
- Jess @ My Reading Dress asks if we crave justice along with a HEA
- Tammy @ Books Bones Buffy tells us how she got kicked off WordPress.com for hosting book tours
- Emily @ The Loony Teen Writer matches disney music with YA
- Alise @ Readers in Wonderland posts the results of her book review survey!
What books did you add to your shelves this week?
You might also like..
Latest posts by Jeann @ Happy Indulgence (see all)
- Deep Water Review: Mystery Thriller Keeps Us Guessing - March 26, 2020
- Infinity Son Review: Phoenix Powers & Brotherhood - February 14, 2020
- January Wrap Up: It’s Been a Busy Start to the Year! - January 31, 2020