This week, Joy and I have been busy organising the Aussie YA Bloggers and Readers Secret Santa which has been so much fun! I love our fellow Aussie bloggers and it’s been great seeing everyone enjoy themselves.
I’ve signed up to some geeky mystery box subscriptions, LootCrate and Nerdblock which sends you a box of goodies every month. So far, I’ve LOVED one of my Nerdblocks and wasn’t too fussed on the Arcade Block, but it’s worthwhile keeping an eye on their Facebook page to see what’s been announced. They’ll also be a good present for the gamer in your life.
Next month’s Read Play Blog topic is: “What is on your gaming wishlist? Recommend something to gift to a friend!“? I hope you can participate on the 16th or any time during the month!
Have been really psyched to pick up Symbiont by Mira Grant too, I just loved the first one. Tape worm horror anyone?
I went back to the library to return a book and reborrowed The Ring & Crown because I didn’t get the chance to read it. Very excited for Trust Me, I’m Lying and have heard amazing things about The Sky So Heavy.
Here’s some posts I enjoyed in the past week:
- Celine @ YA Midnight Reads talks about the stereotypical YA heroine…and why they are important
- Kelly @ Diva Booknerd lists the best romance wankers of 2014 (LOL).
- Bec @ Readers in Wonderland shares how she went on a 1 year book buying ban
- Kara @ Diary of a Teen Writer shares world building tips on mythology & Magic
- Allie @ Little Birdie Books discusses the YA Divide
- The 2014 Goodreads Choice Awards have been announced! How many did you vote for?
- Non spoilery live tweets for The Ruby Circle by Richelle Mead are complete by Penguin Teen Australia! Who’s excited
What books did you add to your shelves this week?
You might also like..
Latest posts by Jeann @ Happy Indulgence (see all)
- Aurora Burning Review: 10 Things I Liked & Disliked - May 25, 2020
- What I Loved About The City We Became - May 21, 2020
- Book Blogging Tips: How We Plan, Write & Review Posts - May 8, 2020