Christmas is here and it’s a time for celebration, rest and food! I can’t believe how fast the year has gone and I’m really looking forward to some rest and relaxation.
It’s been a wonderful year getting to know so many new bloggers, being inspired by all of your love and support for each other and passion for books, and having so many fun discussions on Twitter, Goodreads, Instagram and Google+! It makes me so happy that I get to blog amongst such a wonderful, respectful and passionate bookish community, and you guys are all amazing.
Usually I celebrate Christmas with a trip away, after a big year! This year, I’ll be off to a road trip after spending time with the family. We’re heading to a quiet, seaside town and I’m really looking forward to rest and relaxation at the beach. It’s been a big year and there’s no better way to spend it.
After a busy year of constantly reviewing books, I’ve decided to use this time off to read for leisure! Here’s the books I’m taking with me:
The One Everyone’s Been Raving About
- The Raven Boys and The Dream Thieves by Maggie Stiefvater – Allie, Jess, Alise and everyone else’s book pushing and raving has finally convinced me to pick this up!
Post Apocalyptic Zombie Read
- Deadline and Blackout by Mira Grant – I’m embarrassed I haven’t read these after promising to do a buddy read last year and absolutely LOVING Feed. In fact, I’d call FEED one of my favourite books of all time.
A Quirky Contemporary Romance
- A Little Something Different by Sandy Hall – This is my contemporary book of choice, I’ve read a lot this year and the different writing style in this one will definitely top a great year off.
The Hot and Emotional New Adult
- Kiss the Sky by Krista & Becca Ritchie – I CANNOT WAIT to get into the Rose and Connor ship, being some of you *cough cough SIIRI’s* OTP. And no doubt this is going to be AWESOME.
The Series I Need to Catch Up On
- Days of Blood and Starlight by Laini Taylor – It’s about time I continued this series after Daughter of Smoke and Bone! I’ve heard it gets super epic and awesome.
I don’t know how I’d go with reading them all, but I’ll definitely give it a good go. It’s going to be a 6.5 hour drive there and back, which gives me plenty of reading time! There’ll be a few scheduled posts over the next few days to keep you entertained, but I shall be back with you all before the new year.
Merry Christmas everyone!
Whether you celebrate Christmas or not, I hope you have a fantastic and relaxing time and a happy holidays! Have a wonderful Christmas everyone and I hope you get a book on your wishlist.
What are your holiday reads? How do you usually celebrate Christmas?
You might also like..
Latest posts by Jeann @ Happy Indulgence (see all)
- Love, Hate and Other Filters Discussion: Important Topics for Cultural Representation - February 17, 2018
- Our Favourite YA Relationships: Couples, Friends and Family - February 14, 2018
- Batman Nightwalker Review: An Origin Story Worth Reading - February 3, 2018