Welcome to the first Indulgence Insider of 2015! I still can’t believe another year is over, and instead of delving into the goal setting and planning, I’m taking some time out to enjoy last year’s achievements.
I’m also participating in my first Instagram challenge, the #hello2015bookchallenge and so far it’s a lot of fun. Follow my bookish adventures at: http://instagram.com/happyindulgence
Pierce Brown also liked one of my Instagram photos with Red Rising in it! I fangirled.
This month’s Read Play Blog topic is: “What games are you looking forward to in 2015?“? Post your answer, recommendation and currently playing on the 16th of the month or anytime during the month and link up!
Since my book shelves are double stacked and overflowing, I didn’t ask for any books for Christmas, although my birthday is coming up on January 30th so that might change. I did get a book gift card for Christmas though, which I’m excited to spend!
Review Copies – Physical
I Was Here by Gayle Forman – The Lucky Aussie Bloggers and Readers as a part of the Goodreads group were chosen by Simon & Schuster Australia to review exclusive ARCs of I Was Here! Can’t wait to pick this up!
The Vanishing Game by Kate Kae Myers – This was a surprise New Years present from Bloomsbury which sounds really creepy and chilling.
Some 2014 recaps and discussion posts which I have enjoyed:
- Lily @ Lily’s Book Blogs recaps her favourite 2014 debut authors and favourite non-debut
- The Deadly Darlings recap 2014 and list their favourite books & blogging goals
- Christy @ Love of Books lists her top 2014 books
- Dre @ Sporadic Reads with her top 2014 books
- Genie @ Genie In A Book lists 5 things we can do to convince non-readers to join us
- Laura @ Plus Books with her top 2014 books
- Marianne @ Boricuan Bookworms on 10 Reasons why you should read Dangerous Girls
- Cait @ Paper Fury lists how she likes her series finales
- Kelly @ Diva Book Nerd on the dodgiest covers of 2014 (I LOL’D SO HARD)
- Probably old news to you guys, but I enjoyed the Insurgent Trailer:
- For Aussie Bloodlines fans, if you pre-order The Ruby Circle by Richelle Mead from your local Dymocks over the counter, you’ll get a copy of Masquerade by Kylie Fornasier for free. Yay two for one!
What did you add to your shelves this week?
You might also like..
Latest posts by Jeann @ Happy Indulgence (see all)
- Want Review: Futuristic Sci-fi with an Opulent Taiwanese Setting - July 20, 2018
- 6 Year Blog Anniversary, Q&A and Giveaway - July 9, 2018
- All of This is True Review: When an Author Steals Your Life in a Book - July 3, 2018