In 2014, I strived to be a better blogger, grow my blog following, receive ARCs and be more active in the blogging community. I really pushed myself in 2014 for all of these things which far exceeded my expectations, and I’m so proud of what Happy Indulgence has become today.
Although I did manage to achieve a lot last year, it wasn’t without a lot of stress and pressure I put on myself to succeed. There were times I almost reached some blogging slumps, by pressuring myself to respond to comments and visit blogs every day and I even searched for a co-blogger to cope with the expectations. That didn’t pan out too well for me, but I’ve since learnt that I can only do as much as I can and it seems like I still have readers, and I’m still blogging but with a lot less stress, so something must be working.
Now that I’ve built a foundation which I’m happy with, I want to maintain it but also try not to be everything at the same time. While 2014 was a year of growth, 2015 is a year of balance.
I’ll maintain my love of blogging and reading by:
- giving myself a break from review copies every once in a while and reading what I enjoy
- writing strong and considered reviews for the books that I read, even the ones that I find difficult
- maintaining the strong blogger friendships that I’ve made, and also seeking new blogs to love
- reading more from my most loved genres, including YA fantasy and urban fantasy, instead of current trends
- finding more opportunities for article contribution and continuing my articles for Brisbane Libraries
- only purchasing books I will read
- only requesting review copies that I will read
- clearing my review pile and hopefully tackling Netgalley
All of these aim to maintain my love for reading and blogging, moving away from the high pressure of constantly churning out content and being 5 bloggers when I’m only 1.
What are your 2015 blogging and reading goals?