I’ve been obsessed with Instagram as of late and I’ve also hit 200 instagram followers! I’ve really enjoyed experimenting with new angles and exploring how to take better book photos. Editing and good lighting makes a world of difference! The #hello2015bookchallenge has been going well and I’ve enjoyed thinking of new photos to take everyday.
You can follow my challenge adventures here @happyindulgence
Here’s some of my favourites from the past week:
My book rainbow post got reposted by Dymocks Books & Tara Eglington! Needless to say I was pretty excited.
Here’s Tara Eglington’s Twitter post:
I’ll have to read her books soon to support her!
Aside from Instagram, I went to a Nelly, Lupe Fiasco & B.O.B. concert last night and had a blast. He sang all his greatest hips including my favourite song, Just a Dream! 90’s hip hop and r&b is where it’s at for me, although I know it’s before some of your times lol! *feels old*
Here’s a video I took of him singing HOT IN HERE if you’re interested (click HD on the video).
This month’s Read Play Blog topic is: “What games are you looking forward to in 2015?“? Post your answer, recommendation and currently playing on the 16th of the month or anytime during the month and link up!
I haven’t been getting many books lately which is a bit of a relief. I’m trying to slow down on my hoarding because I have well and truly ran out of room on my shelves. It gives me time to catch up on my other books!
Review copies – Digital
Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard – I have heard awesome things about this book and I can’t wait to read it!
This week, I’ve read:
- All the Bright Places by Jennifer Niven made me bawl as you all know
- I Was Here by Gayle Forman which made me realise that she wasn’t the author for me (review will be up tomorrow)
- The Fearless by Emma Pass – disappointing dystopian (when will I learn?)
- The Dark Inside by Rupert Wallis – currently reading this and it’s really compelling!
Aside from All the Bright Places, reviews will be coming soon.
Posts I enjoyed in the past week:
- Maddie @ The Girly Geek invites us to the 2015 Bookish Bingo Challenge
- Braine @ Talk Supe Blog shares what she learnt in 2014 and her 2015 plan ahead
- Chyna @ Lite-rate-ture lists typical twists and turns
- Stacey @ Beautiful Bookish Butterflies on reviewing honestly
- Cyn @ Book Munchies talks about reading diversely
- Larissa @ YA Midnight Reads on internalised misogyny
- Pre-order The Ruby Circle by Richelle Mead at your local Dymocks, and receive a free copy of Masquerade by Kylie Fornasier as well!
- Brisbane book lovers, your biggest second hand book sale is here! Lifeline Bookfest will again be held from 17-26 January 2014 at the Brisbane Exhibition Centre. Make sure you follow my tips here!
- Twitter went crazy this week with Stacey Jay, the author of Princess of Thorns creating a Kickstarter for the sequel which included living expenses. Read her blog post here on taking a step back. It then exploded into a crazy controversy where everyone decided to step in with an opinion about it. Read her follow up post here about transparency.
- Follow Read Me. Love Me. Share Me. – Simon & Schuster Australia’s YA Facebook page
On The Blog
You may have missed…
- All the Bright Places by Jennifer Niven Review: Crying All the Tears
- Dystopian YA Reviews #2: After the End by Amy Plum & The Murder Complex by Lindsay Cummings
- Chatterbox: 2015 Commitments
What did you add to your shelves this week?
You might also like..
Latest posts by Jeann @ Happy Indulgence (see all)
- The Starless Sea Review: Where Did it Go Wrong? - December 3, 2019
- How The Dragon Republic Stacks Up As a Sequel (The Poppy War #2) - November 22, 2019
- The Toll Review: A Satisfying End to the Series - November 12, 2019