Exciting times this week – it was the bi-annual Lifeline bookfest which I look forward to every time it comes! Went twice this time, on opening day and today with Chiara and Bec. It was super busy on the opening day and it was hard to push between crowds, but I ended up grabbing exactly what I was looking for.
I’m finding the #hello2015bookchallenge on Instagram quite fun but challenging at the same time. Taking a good picture and re-arranging your books so they look good is actually quite difficult, I struggled a bit this week with lighting. It’s also quite difficult actually thinking of who your favourite book siblings, couples, etc. are, but I’m still having fun with it. Follow my Instagram adventures @happyindulgence
Here’s some of my favourites from the past week –
I also got some new games from Ozgameshop, I’ve been looking for Animal Crossing: New Leaf everywhere. Anyone playing Animal Crossing? Let me know and we can add each other.
I scored at the Bookfest! I was searching out the Fables comics as well as the Brandon Sanderson books after countless recommendations from Bec, Jaz, Nara and Faye, so when I found those I was completely stoked!
While taking my instagram photo of the Bloodlines series, I was actually surprised that I didn’t have The Golden Lily (must have read a Kindle version) so was stoked to find it there. Now I have the large format Bloodlines to match the rest of my series too.
All Our Yesterdays is to replace my ARC version, and even though I have the Harry Potter series already, I’m looking for the original hardbacks which I read and fell in love with. I’ve read The Immortal Rules and World After so was pleased to add them to the shelves Every Breath, Blood Red Road, Easy and The Summoning come highly recommended so overall, I think I did pretty well!
I also bought Blue Lily, Lily Blue using a gift card. So pretty!
Review copies – physical
Veronica Mars: Mr Kiss and Tell by Rob Thomas and Jennifer Graham – I LOVE VMars and I enjoyed the first book, so was excited to receive this one in the mail! Can’t wait for some LoVe.
A Small Madness by Dianne Touchell – I hadn’t heard of this book before, but it sounds beautiful.
Thank you to Allen and Unwin Australia for sending me these review copies!
- Black Ice by Becca Fitzpatrick – I enjoyed it, but I thought the book had many problems. 2.5 stars. Review to come soon.
- The Ring and the Crown by Melissa De La Cruz – I’m pleasantly surprised by the beautiful historical setting here, enjoying it so far!
Posts I enjoyed this week..
- Angel @ Angel Reads speculates about the events of Ruby Circle
- Aimee @ The Social Potato shares why she loves the Addicted trilogy
- Jess @ My Reading Dress discusses the three star rating.
- Rebecca @ Reading Wishes says never to forget reading is for fun.
- Samantha @ Bookish Serendipity outlines the difference between reading as a reader vs reading as a blogger.
- Nikki @ Fiction Freak interviews Samantha Shannon, author of The Bone Season.
- K.A. Barker shares her thoughts on doubt and getting published.
- Aimee @ The Social Potato shares a Harry Potter & Throne of Glass bookmark & wallpaper.
- James Patterson is coming to Australia and Bookworld is holding an epic competition here.
- Started the Aussie YA Bloggers & Readers Facebook Group this week for the Goodreads group. So much fun chatting to Aussie bloggers! <3
- Lifeline Bookfest in Brisbane is still on until the 26th, so make sure you get down there and grab a bargain for charity!
On The Blog
You may have missed…
What did you add to your shelves this week?
You might also like..
Latest posts by Jeann @ Happy Indulgence (see all)
- Infinity Son Review: Phoenix Powers & Brotherhood - February 14, 2020
- January Wrap Up: It’s Been a Busy Start to the Year! - January 31, 2020
- Jeann’s Top 10 Books of 2019 - January 16, 2020