So, this is the 4th Indulgence Insider I’ve had in a row, I’ve been spoiling you all!
This week I posted a really passionate post about blogger drama. I’ve seen these posts crop up now and then with bloggers commenting on the drama, and I felt strongly about it all. I was super nervous about posting it, but thanks Kelly for the encouragement.
Instead of hauling books, I’ve been reverse hauling and cleaning up my shelves and getting rid of those series that I’m not going to read. My tastes have changed since the paranormal phase two years ago, and let’s be honest, I’m never going to read The Immortal Series (Evermore) or the rest of the Fallen series. Some of it will be going on ebay and the rest will be going back to the Bookfest where most of them came from, lol.
It’s my birthday next week on January 30th! Mark your calendars 😀 I have a big international giveaway planned (and the day off from work, wooo).
I finally reached 300 followers on Instagram! Man, it was excruciating watching the follower count go up and down and up and down lol. Here’s my favourite Instagram pics I posted the week: Click on the image to go to the original pic
Golden Son by Pierce Brown – I AM SO EXCITED ABOUT THIS BOOK. It turns out I should have re-read the first one because I only remember bits and pieces from Red Rising, but man. I just love how ruthless and dramatic everything is you know?
Thank you to Hachette Australia for sending me this for review!
The Good Girl by Mary Kubica – Funny story about this one. I was going through some of my first Bookstagram photos and I noticed the first one I uploaded was one for a Harlequin Australia competition. They posted on my photo to say I had won the book back in September! But me being an instagram noob at the time had no idea. The publisher was kind enough to send me the book many months after, and it actually sounds like a pretty good thriller.
Thank you Harlequin Australia for the prize!
- Kiss the Sky by Krista & Becca Ritchie – Rose and Connor’s installment was absolutely SIZZLING!
- Golden Son by Pierce Brown – YES it is awesome and epic and everything I wanted so far. Although Darrow has just briefly passed a place called “The Lost Wee Den” *immature giggles*
Reviews for these books are coming soon!
Posts I enjoyed this week..
- Nick @ Nick’s Book Blog on the obsession with ARCs
- Lauren @ Bookmark Lit on Blogging, ARCs and pressure
- Amanda @ Beautiful Bookish Butterflies talks blogs that change over time
- Aimee @ Deadly Darlings shares tips on interacting with authors and bloggers
- Jess @ My Reading Dress discusses cleaning out her GR pile
- Joy @ Thoughts by J doesn’t like players and asks why people do
- Wattle @ Whimsical Nature talks spoiling herself
- Michelle @ In Libris Veritas on how blogging has changed
- Danielle @ Love at First Page asks which reader are you when it comes to spoilers
- Melanie @ The Daily Prophecy on coming up with new content
- Rebecca @ Reading Wishes talks about how diversity needs to be treated authentically
- Tabitha @ Not Yet Read on how to interact with the blogging community
- Stephanie @ Chasm of books on why you should use bloglovin to read blogs
- I list out my 2015 Reading Resolutions at Brisbane Libraries Ibrary page.
- The next Throne of Glass book name has been announced and it’s *drumroll*: Queen of Shadows! What a fitting name for the series! Check out The World of Maas for more!
- The official Mime Order Blog Tour has launched and you can win a Skype chat with Samantha Shannon here! There’s also a great deal where the first 100 purchases of The Mime Order will receive The Bone Season free (Australians only). The first 500 Mime Order Pre-orders will also receive a limited edition pamphlet! Check it out here.
- Egmont USA has announced that it is closing it’s doors this Spring 2015 (US). It’s always sad to see a prominent publisher go.
On The Blog
You may have missed…
- Chatterbox: Spread Love Not War where I pour my heart out to the blogosphere about staying positive
- Black Ice by Becca Fitzpatrick Review where I complained about Stockholm syndrome, bitchy best friends BUT I STILL LIKED IT. So weird!
- The Dark Inside by Rupert Wallis Review which I just did not understand but still managed to appreciate it.
What did you add to your shelves this week?
You might also like..
Latest posts by Jeann @ Happy Indulgence (see all)
- Infinity Son Review: Phoenix Powers & Brotherhood - February 14, 2020
- January Wrap Up: It’s Been a Busy Start to the Year! - January 31, 2020
- Jeann’s Top 10 Books of 2019 - January 16, 2020