I haven’t had an Indulgence Insider for a few weeks now, wanted to put one up last week but my internet was down all weekend. I finally got a $10 gift card from Amazon Associates, after 2.5 years of blogging lol. Thank you to everyone who clicks the Amazon link to purchase when reading the reviews! I really appreciate it.
Here’s my new bookshelf you’ve all been asking for…it took me a while to decide whether I wanted to put books or figurines in there, so I ended up with both.
Hope everyone had a lovely Valentines day! I started a new tag on Instagram called #bookvalentine where you post a picture of a book heart. Feel free to participate in the hashtag fun! I took a break from the February Instagram challenge but I have been posting almost every day with a new tag. It’s a lot of fun and I’m just a little bit addicted.
My birthday competitions on Twitter and my blog are both coming to a close, make sure to get your final entries in before the prizes are drawn. My Instagram giveaway for I Was Here by Gayle Forman and Bloodlines by Richelle Mead ends at the end of February, so make sure you enter before then.
Here are some of my favourite Instagram photos I’ve taken in the past few weeks! Click on the photo to go to the original post.
Follow my book photo adventures @happyindulgence
Review copies – physical
I GOT SOME AMAZING BOOKS. The Mime Order and A Court of Thorns and Roses were some of my most anticipated reads of 2015 and I was SUPER SQUEALING when I got them in the mail! Aside from Burying Water and Mime Order, the rest were unsolicited copies sent from publishers.
The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks by E Lockhart
Havoc by Jane Higgins – Nooo, I didn’t realise this was a sequel!
Blue Lily, Lily Blue by Maggie Stiefvater – I already bought this last month
All Fall Down by Ally Carter – this is finished copy
The Mime Order by Samantha Shannon
Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard
A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas
The Honest Truth by Dan Gemeinhart
Dreamfire by Kit Alloway
Before the Fire by Sarah Butler
Burying Water by K.A. Tucker
Unwanted by Amanda Holohan
For the Forest of a Bird by Sue Saliba
Thank you Penguin Australia, Simon and Schuster, Scholastic Australia, Pan MacMillan Australia, Hachette Australia, Bloomsbury and Text Publishing for sending me these review copies in the past month!
Thrive by Krista and Becca Ritchie – Gotta get my next Addicted series fix!
Court by Cat Patrick – This was on sale for 99c so I had to pick it up!
Last week I read:
- Fairest by Marissa Meyer – Awesome villain’s pov. Review here.
- Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard – I was disappointed. Review to come.
- A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas – Currently reading.
- The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau Banks – Not a feminist read. Review to come.
- A Small Madness by Dianne Touchell – It was gut wrenching. Review to come.
I enjoyed the following discussion posts:
- Sporadic Reads discusses whether race is important when reading a book
- Michelle @ In Libris Veritas on tips for creating a positive book blogging community
- Cait @ Paper Fury asks why we write negative reviews
- Stephanie @ Chasm of Books shares 8 tips for the blogging community
- Faye @ The Social Potato does a video review of Half The World by Joe Abercrombie
- Allie @ Little Birdie Books explains why fiction is her cup of tea
- Ana @ Butteflies of the Imagination on fangirls
- Nick @ Nick’s Book Blog asks if we’re attracted to negativity
- Amir @ Not So Literary asked me what I thought of juggling blogging and working, and I share my tips with other adult bloggers.
- Guess who’s coming to Australia? Sarah J. Maas will be attending Brisbane and Adelaide Supanova in November, with planned appearances in other cities! We are so lucky, I’m so excited!
- RED RISING by Pierce Brown is being made into a movie! How bloodydamn awesome is that?
- All the Bright Places will be officially be made into a movie, starring Elle Fanning as Violet Markey!
- Fifty Shades of Gray movie is out in the box office – who’s seen it?
- In response to Egmont USA closing it’s doors, Cuddlebuggery is having a blog hop to support its authors. Sign up here.
- Cover Reveal for the End of Days by Susan Ee – I think it’s gorgeous! Read an excerpt here.
- Cover Reveal for the sequel to A Thousand Pieces of You! SO BEAUTIFUL.
- Cover Reveal for Morning Star, the final book in the Red Rising Trilogy.
You May Have Missed…
What did you add to your shelves this week?
You might also like..
Latest posts by Jeann @ Happy Indulgence (see all)
- Traitor to the Throne Review: A Rebellion in the Desert - April 27, 2017
- Indulgence Insider #67 – Night Swimming Launch & March Book Haul Video - April 23, 2017
- Waking Gods Review: Giant Space Robots Gets Ridiculous - April 21, 2017