Hey guys, I haven’t been around lately because I’ve had a busy few weeks at work and have been catching up with friends in my spare time. Haven’t been able to post any interesting discussions or visit any blogs, but hopefully I’ll catch up soon.
I did my first aid course refresher the other day, which was a great to practice CPR again and a refresher on what to do in different scenarios. I’m the type of person who would freak out if something ever happened, so first aid would help me get into action. In Australia, we have to learn how to apply first aid to a variety of bites and stings from snakes, spiders, jellyfish and all sorts of other creatures! You’d never want to leave the house but in reality, we rarely see any of these things.
I have been doing 5km park runs every week as well and reached my new PB: 34.54 minutes! I’ve been running for about 7 months now and my starting time was like 41 minutes.
Also drew my instagram giveaway for I Was Here and Bloodlines! Congratulations to @maandyreads for winning my birthday giveaway.
Read Play Blog is a gaming meme posted on the 16th of each month. Next month’s question: Do you prefer multiplayer or singleplayer games? Recommend your favourite! – post your answer, recommendation & currently playing on the 16th or anytime during the month and link up!
This week has really ramped up with the review copies! Thanks to all of the amazing publishers who continue to support Happy Indulgence and Aussie YA Bloggers! We’re so lucky. All of the review copies below were unsolicited review copies, except for Confess by Colleen Hoover and Dorothy Must Die Stories which I bought!
Confess by Colleen Hoover
The Last Place by Michael Adams
Love Bomb by Jenny McLachlan
The Haunting of Sunshine Girl by Paige McKenzie
The Sin Eater’s Daughter by Melinda Salisbury
Paradise City by CJ Duggan
The Guy, The Girl, The Artist and His Ex by Gabrielle Williams
Thank you to Allen and Unwin, Bloomsbury Australia, Scholastic Australia, Pan Macmillan Australia and Hachette Australia and Simon and Schuster Australia for sending me these books for review!
Dorothy Must Die Stories by Danielle Paige – I can’t believe I found this at Dymocks, sometimes we have early release dates in Australia! Will definitely let you guys know how it is! It’s pictured with the rest of my shopping haul, whoops. Got awesome service and some great swag from Sarah!
Amour Amour by Krista & Becca Ritchie – This was on a Kindle daily sale for 99c so I had to get it!
- The Winner’s Crime by Marie Rutkoski – IT WAS WORTH EVERY MOMENT.
- The Last time We Say Goodbye by Cynthia Hand – I’m loving the beautiful, sad prose. Review to come.
- Dreamfire by Kit Alloway – SO SLOW, but I made it.
My favourite Instagram photos in the past week (click on the photos to go to the original):
Posts I enjoyed in the past few weeks:
- Faye @ The Social Potato discusses mercy killing and would you be okay with it (in a book of course)
- Danielle @ Love at First Page talks about how to get over the disappointment of high expectations
- Kaitlin @ Reading is My Treasure lists the little blogging things that makes her day
- Bieke @ Istyria Book Blog talks about the annoying thing about NA Contemporary Romance
- Stephanie @ These Paper Hearts on commenting systems
- Emily @ Loony Literate with her glorious and creative blurbs!
- Chiara @ Books for a Delicate Eternity gives sexy one liners from book titles
- Bec @ Readers in Wonderland on how to get new books without spending
- On Friday the 13th, 2015, we said goodbye to a brilliant mind, Terry Pratchett. His Twitter featured his final farewell. R.I.P.
- Aussie Competition: Recreate the Insurgent Australia movie poster and be in the running to win a movie pass! Ends Saturday March 21.
- Aussie Competition: EB Games Australia is giving you the chance to win an Insurgent double pass or Adrenaline voucher. Comment on your irrational fear here.
- Cover reveal: Winter by Marissa Meyer! I love the glowing apple, I think it’s fitting to the rest of the series but I think the hand is a bit creepy. November can’t come soon enough.
- Cover reveal: Queen of Shadows by Sarah J. Maas! I just love how clean these covers look and how badass Celaena looks in this one.
You May Have Missed…
A rant, a rave, and a book straight down the middle. How neat.
What did you add to your shelves this week?
You might also like..
Latest posts by Jeann @ Happy Indulgence (see all)
- Navigating the Stars Review: Coming of age space story - March 15, 2019
- 5 Reasons Why I’m Excited For The Priory of the Orange Tree + ANZ Giveaway #PrioryTour - March 5, 2019
- Why Kingdom of Ash Was a Disappointment: A Salty Review - February 24, 2019