Welcome to another Indulgence Insider! Gosh I had such an eventful week, where do I start?
So first I watched the Insurgent Movie advanced screening which was totally hilarious from all the fake, over the top CGI effects. It was good for a bit of a laugh, entertaining, but not what I would call a good movie. Check out my thoughts here, if you haven’t already.
Remember how I was telling you last week that I did my first aid course? Well I had to put it into practice this week. While I was walking to my bus stop after work, there was an old man slumped over in his chair and having trouble breathing. I was able to calm him down, get him to take a few breaths and by the time the ambulance arrived, he was feeling better. That’s the reason why I did first aid, even if I can help a little bit or at least know what to do in those sort of situations, then it has been invaluable already.
I know Twitter gets a lot of flack for the drama it causes sometimes, but I had some really fantastic interactions with authors this week:
- Marianne Curley commented on my Insurgent review!! I found out that she reads the blog, I am just so incredibly honoured and flattered!
- Tweeted Becky Albertalli on how much I loved Simon vs The Homo Sapiens Agenda, and she is the sweetest author ever!
- Had a fun conversation with our favourite NZ YA author, Rachael Craw, the beloved Ellie Marney and the friendly Sean Williams. And then this happened:
TWITTER IS OFFICIALLY THE BEST. I encourage you guys to tweet your favourite authors and take the time to provide feedback to them if you loved their book! They are lovely people and I’m sure they’ll appreciate your reaching out!
Posted the latest version of Read Play Blog about single player and multiplayer games. What is your preference? I couldn’t pick one.
Read Play Blog is a gaming meme posted on the 16th of each month. Next month’s question: Do you own any gaming merchandise? Show them off, or tell us what merch you would most love to have! – post your answer, recommendation & currently playing on the 16th or anytime during the month
Thank you to Penguin Australia and Simon and Schuster Australia for sending me these review copies.
Nerd Do Well by Simon Pegg – Got this from this month’s Nerdblock Classic, what a nice surprise! I love Simon Pegg.
- Simon vs The Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli is absolutely amazing. It’s such a romantic, touching and feel good LGBT book and everyone should read it.
- Confess by Colleen Hoover was only a 3 star read for me. It’s the first CoHo which I’ve rated less than 4.5 stars.
- The Naturals by Jennifer Lynn Barnes I actually quite enjoyed the profiling and the snappy writing in this book, it was refreshing to say in the least.
Reviews coming up in the following weeks!
Here’s some of my photos from Instagram in the past week: (click on the photos to go to the original):
Posts I enjoyed in the last week:
- Allie @ Little Birdie Books on why 5 stars can mean different things
- Danielle @ Love at First Page on rating your reads
- Carmel @ Rabid Reads asks what you do with your read books
- Francine @ Not So Literary loves used books
- Aimee @ Deadly Darlings on 5 things she can relate to in contemporary novels
- Cait @ Paper Fury asks do you visualise character faces?
- Stephanie @ These Paper Hearts shares Free and Affordable fonts
- Kara @ Diary of a Teen Writer on world building methods for writers
- Download the Social Potato’s latest bookish wallpapers! They are gorgeous.
- Bieke @ Istyria Book Blog on why reviewing can be scary.
- The Duff movie will be released in Australia next week, it sounds like a lot of fun! I wasn’t planning on watching it, but I’m swayed by the early reviews.
- Cover reveal: Soundless by Richelle Mead. This cover reminds me of the historical Chinese dramas from my childhood.
You May Have Missed…
What did you add to your shelves this week?
You might also like..
Latest posts by Jeann @ Happy Indulgence (see all)
- June Wrap Up: Got My Reading Mojo Back - July 3, 2020
- The Wicker King Review: Dark mental health & bisexual rep - June 19, 2020
- The Court of Miracles Review: Les Misérables x Jungle Book Retelling - June 16, 2020