It’s been a few weeks since my last Indulgence Insider and I have so much to update you on!
As you all know, last week I visited Sydney and met up with some wonderful book bloggers! Such a wonderful time fangirling, shopping and chatting. It was such a fun trip despite the gloomy weather, I definitely shopped until I dropped and sampled some of Sydney’s finest food (DUMPLINGS).
Read Play Blog is a gaming meme posted on the 16th of each month. Next month’s question: Do you own any gaming merchandise? Show them off, or tell us what merch you would most love to have! – post your answer, recommendation & currently playing on the 16th or anytime during the month
Thanks to Simon and Schuster Australia, Penguin Random House and Allen and Unwin for sending me these review copies.
This is what happens when a bunch of bloggers get together trawling bookstores. It was my chance to get the Fables series that I’ve wanted to read for ages after playing The Wolf Among Us game. I love Kinokuniya, wish we had one here.
The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins – You know I love a good thriller.
Playlist for the Dead by Michelle Falkoff – Need to review this one on Edelweiss.
Every Move by Ellie Marney – I won the giveaway from Books for a Delicate Eternity, thanks Chiara and Allen and Unwin for the giveaway!
- Ready Player One by Ernest Cline is one of my new favourites. Absolutely freaking brilliant story on virtual reality that charmed its way into my heart.
- Night Film by Marisha Pessl – I’m so glad I went with recommendations from Joy and Jess about this book, because I’ve just finished it and it was haunting and thrilling.
- Burying Water by K.A. Tucker – I couldn’t help being disappointed by K.A. Tucker’s latest, it was still an entertaining read but I couldn’t warm to its characters.
- For the Forest of a Bird by Sue Saliba – A beautiful melancholy MG read.
Reviews to come.
Here’s some of my favourite photos I posted on Instagram last week: (click on the photos for the original)
Here’s some discussion posts I’ve enjoyed over the past few weeks:
- Cait @ Paper Fury on when writers forget their own books
- Lily @ Lily’s Book Blog says sometimes she’s okay with not knowing what happens next
- Chiara @ Books for a Delicate Eternity talks about why your age doesn’t matter if you read YA
- Amanda @ Beautiful Bookish Butterflies shares ways to write a review
- Tonyalee Lily @ Lily Bloom Books on hype ruining books
- Melanie @ The Daily Prophecy on personal vs professional reviews
- Bec @ Readers in Wonderland on reviewing slumps
- Cait @ Paper Fury lists some amazing teen authors
- Kara @ Diary of a Teen Writer on how to include subtle world building in your novel
- Benish @ Feminist Reflections talks about the rise of suicide in YA books
- Kelly @ Diva Book Nerd on Google Font designs
- I blogged 6 Emotional YA Contemporary Books You Should Read on Brisbane Libraries.
- YA thriller writer James Patterson is coming to Sydney and Melbourne next month! Book your tickets here.
- Aussies, have you entered my Confess by Colleen Hoover giveaway? It ends on Friday 17 April 2014.
- Writers Jessica Shirvington, Will Kostakis and Gabrielle Tozer will be speaking in Sydney about their upcoming books on 22 April 2015. Book your tickets here.
- The Maze Runner and The Scorch Trials is being released into one Collector’s Edition with bonus content. It will be available on April 14, 2015.
- Cover reveal: Illuminae by Jay Kristoff & Amie Kaufman (Interview & Giveaway here.)
You May Have Missed…
Chatterbox: Tribute to My Fellow Bloggers where I got super emotional about my fellow bloggers
A Breath of Frost by Alyxandra Harvey Review: Friendship, Magic and Murder (Thanks Bec for the review!)
Blog Tour: We All Looked Up by Tommy Wallach Review & Giveaway (AUS) where I shared my apocalyptic bucket list
How was your bookish week? Tell me below!