I’ve just gotten home from a full day’s worth of celebrating mother’s day with my family and my partner’s family. A Happy Mother’s Day to all of you hard working mums out there! I hope you all had a lovely day.
Got an exciting announcement for Happy Indulgence – Kristy aka A Queen of Babble is joining Happy Indulgence as a Guest Reviewer! Kristy is an Aussie blogger and tumblr queen who has an amazing sense of humour, and a great taste in books as well. I’m excited to have her join us! She’ll be reviewing every two weeks or so, I hope you’ll all make her feel welcome.
There was a really lovely blogging love movement on Twitter this week, where we all shared the love around our favourite blogging inspirations <3 I was really touched and it was really lovely seeing the blogging community come together over something so positive. If I can offer any advice, never forget the people who helped you get there. Some of my earliest blogging inspirations are now my closest blogging buddies!
Oh yes, I finally fixed the coding for my mobile site, it’s been appearing strangely for a while. Thanks Laura for my unrelenting coding questions!
Read Play Blog is a gaming meme posted on the 16th of each month. Next month’s question: Show us your gaming setup! – post your answer, recommendation & currently playing on the 16th or anytime during the month
So I’m not the most diligent with checking my post box, and my postie isn’t the most diligent with leaving parcel pickup slips, so we went to the post office and came home with 4 packages that were sitting there! So excited to read these books!
Promise of Shadows by Justina Ireland – I can’t stop staring at this cover.
What She Left by T.R. Richmond – What can I say, I’m on a bit of a thriller kick lately.
Black Iris by Leah Reader – Can’t wait to read this emotional, raw lesbian NA book!
The Rest of Us Just Live Here by Patrick Ness – This came with a whole bunch of chocolates!
I’ll Give You the Sun by Jandy Nelson – I’ve heard so much about this as well!
Lullaby by Bernard Beckett – An interesting thriller that I haven’t heard of.
Thank you to Walker books Australia, Text Publishing, Penguin Random House and Simon and Schuster Australia for sending me these review copies!
After Free Comic Book Day, I finally plucked up the courage to visit our local Comic book store and pick up the next few volumes of Saga.
As you can see I’m on a bit of a fantasy kick lately…
- The Sin Eater’s Daughter by Melinda Salisbury – I ended up enjoying this despite all of the mixed reviews! A book with lots of twists and deception will always be regarded favourably. Review here.
- Grave Mercy by Robin LaFevers – Finally got to pick up where I left off!
- Half Wild by Sally Green – It was emotional and dark..but still not witchy enough.
- Graceling by Kristin Cashore – Buddy read this with Cait and Mishma and LOVED IT!
Reviews to come!
My favourite Instagram photos I posted this week: (click on the picture for the original link)
- Aimee @ Deadly Darlings on must read books this year so far
- Cyn @ Book Munchies on Subgenres she doesn’t read
- Amanda @ Beautiful Bookish Butterflies shares upcoming reads to watch out for
- Amanda @ Beautiful Bookish Butterflies also says she’s proud about sharing her blog IRL *gasp*
- Jess @ My Reading Dress attempts to save her blog with hourly recaps and photos
- Francine @ Not So Literary on looking back at old reviews
- Cait @ Paper Fury asks if you like ordinary or extraordinary characters
- Nova @ Out of Time on embarrassing blogger fails
- Faye @ The Social Potato on wanting her love interests to be normal
- Jaz @ Fiction in Fiction in Fiction interviewed Sarah J. Maas on ACOTAR
- New casting announcements for the Shadowhunters show! Clary is played by the Kat Macnamera and Alec Lightwood by Matthew Daddario.
- The 5th Wave Movie release date has been moved forward to 14 January 2016 in Australia.
- Joss Whedon has been cast out after Age of Ultron and has quit Twitter after the bullying he received after the movie. It’s amazing how out of hand and aggressive some people can be!
You May Have Missed…
Happy Blogging #1 – Your Guide to Twitter. You’re welcome.
The Sin Eater’s Daughter by Melinda Salisbury Review: A Twisty Fantasy – I liked it!
Liars, Inc. by Paula Stokes Review: Diverse & light thriller – I listed the pros and cons
What did you add to shelves this week?
You might also like..
Latest posts by Jeann @ Happy Indulgence (see all)
- Welcome to the Team, Bec! - April 10, 2020
- Deep Water Review: Mystery Thriller Keeps Us Guessing - March 26, 2020
- Infinity Son Review: Phoenix Powers & Brotherhood - February 14, 2020