This week was a stressful one for me, there’s lots to do at work but the exciting news is that I’ve booked a holiday to Hawaii! I’ll be going with some friends and the boyfriend February next year for about 2.5 weeks, I’m really excited.
Thanks for helping me decide what to do with The Girl at Midnight, I ended up watching The Flash instead (which I am really loving btw!) and binge reading the White Trash Zombie series. I read the first two books in two days, I really loved the series!
Excited to announce that my co-reviewer Kristy will be posting her first review tomorrow! It’s awesome, guys.
I also watched the latest Game of Thrones episode (S5, E6) and it really upset me with the way the handled a certain scene. No doubt you’d heard about some of the uproar, but I don’t support the way they treat women in the show and I refuse to watch it anymore.
Thank you to Simon and Schuster & Scholastic for these lovely review copies!
Some books were due at the library so I went and returned them…and came out with twice and many books. Whoops.
Ms Marvel Vol 1: No Normal
Polaris by Mindee Arnett
Magonia by Maria Dahvana Headley
Vanishing Girls by Lauren Oliver
Everything Leads to You by Nina LaCour
Even White Trash Zombies Get The Blues by Diana Rowland
White Trash Zombie Apolcalypse by Diana Rowland
Do Not Disturb by A.R. Torre – I just realised this is a sequel and it has nothing to do with the The Girl with All the Gifts…whoops :S
- The Girl at Midnight by Melissa Grey – I’m struggling with this one, just picked it up again after a break and hope to finish it soon.
- My Life is A White Trash Zombie by Diana Rowland – Loved it so much, a 5 star read! Angel Crawford is such an endearing, self deprecating zombie. Her life really starts to turn around when she gets turned.
- Even White Trash Zombie Gets the Blues by Diana Rowland – The sequel is just as good as the first, with some great character, romantic and family development for Angel. She really starts to grow and kick ass.
Reviews to come!
Some of this week’s posts on bookstagram: (click on the picture for the original link)
Check out some of my favourite discussion posts this week:
- Chiara @ Books for a Delicate Eternity on can you be an author and book blogger at the same time
- Laura @ Laura Plus Books asks do you buy more books now as a book blogger?
- Braine @ Talk Supe Blog shares mobile add-ons
- Cynthia @ Book Binges on do negative reviews affect your reading?
- The Social Potato presents the Ultimate YA Survey: Choose your own love interest
- Asti @ Oh the Books on starting to dread series
- Lucia @ Reading is my Breathing shares Tips on How To Survive Vacation for Book Junkies
- Mishma @ Chasing Faerytales on discovering your review style
- Jess @ My Reading Dress on being politically prim and proper in her blog
- Got books for trade? Trade books with others on #booksfortrade or #booksfortradeAU on Twitter!
- A sequel has been announced for Sabaa Tahir’s An Ember in the Ashes. Have you read it yet?
- Reading Matters Victoria will be held on Sunday 31 May with YA authors Amie Kaufman, Sean Williams, Laurie Halse Anderson, Jaclyn Moriarty and more. Book here.
- The Ugly Love Teaser Trailer is out and we get to see Miles! Soo excited for Colleen Hoover!
You May Have Missed…
I talked about how a book couldn’t engage me in Chatterbox: It’s Not You, It’s Me [Poll]
Two Fantasy Reviews #1 – Grave Mercy by Robin LaFevers & Graceling by Kristin Cashore
I’ll Give You the Sun by Jandy Nelson Review: Two Artistic, Abstract Minds
How was your reading week?
You might also like..
Latest posts by Jeann @ Happy Indulgence (see all)
- How to Start a Book Blog in 8 Easy Steps - July 17, 2019
- Happy Indulgence Turns 7: My Journey, Live Show Announcement & Giveaway - July 11, 2019
- Why Honest Reviews Are So Important [Video] - June 18, 2019