It was a short week due to a public holiday on Monday, which was good because the weekend came faster. It was a pretty busy week, still continued on with the medical visits and everything. My stomach pains can be really bad, interfering with my sleep and everything and just generally feeling ill on a daily basis. I’m just hoping they figure something out soon.
Have been commenting on heaps of new blogs lately, it’s been fun discovering new blogs and styles! Kristy will be posting her 2nd review on Happy Indulgence tomorrow.
I’ve also been participating in #booksfortradeAU on Twitter, it’s such a great way to refresh the bookshelves. If you’re an Aussie and you’re keen on any titles, let me know what you want to trade on Twitter or below. Taken – Kissing in America, Dissonance, The Eye of Minds, The Girl in the Steel Corset and Blue Lily, Lily Blue.
- Extraordinary Means by Robyn Schneider – I loved The Beginning of Everything, so I’m really keen on this one!
- Amber to Ashes by Gail McHugh – A new adult read, it sounds a bit typical but fingers crossed…
- Afterlight by Rebecca Lim – Sounds like a terrifying thriller, which I love!
- Stone Rider by David Hofmeyr – Haven’t heard of this one before, but it sounds like a fast paced, action pack read.
- Burn by Paula Weston – Time to get a move on with this series! Luckily I bought Shadows recently!
Thank you to Simon and Schuster Australia, Penguin Random House and Text Publishing for these review copies.
- An Ember in the Ashes which was fantastic as all the hype would suggest. 4.5 stars.
- 7 Days which was a confronting bullying read. 3 stars.
- Ms. Marvel Vol 1: No Normal which is the diverse hero that we need. 5 stars.
- Vision in Silver which gave us more Meg & Simon, but not so much together. 4.5 stars.
Reviews to come!
Here’s some of the posts I put up on bookstagram this week:
Check out some of my favourite discussion posts this week:
- Grace @ Rebel Mommy Book Blog on suffering from booknesia
- Emily @ Loony Literate shares 10 Harry Potter bookish powers that we all need
- Benish @ Feminist Reflections on differentiating between review copies and leisure reads
- Jules @ Jules Book Shelf on what bloggers do behind the laptop
- Genie @ Genie In a Book on how to make bookish conversation
- Jen @ The Bookavid on the pros and cons of book blogging memes
- Enter The Social Potatoes Hidden Huntress fan Art contest, to win a signed copy of Hidden Huntress and a personal Skype chat with Danielle L. Jensen, as well as a Robot trophy!
- Negotiations are under way with Elizabeth Banks, the director of Pitch Perfect 2 for the Red Queen movie.
- Talk to Sabir Tahir, author of An Ember in the Ashes on #OzYAChat, July 7, 1:30 AEST!
- Stars Above, The Lunar Chronicles Novella Collection by Marissa Meyer has been announced!
- Australian Fan Event for Paper Towns has been announced at Event Cinemas! See an advanced screening of the movie on 13 July, 6:30PM where John Green & Nat Wolff will answer your questions – Ask them here! Plus 15% off Bookworld!
- The beautiful cover for Their Fractured Light by Amie Kaufman and Meagan Spooner is out, and it’s even better than the first 2! Feast your eyes:
Geek & Gamer News
- Tales of Borderlands Episode 3 is out next week!
- The Steam Summer Sale has started with lots of fabulous daily deals. Grab a gaming bargain today!
- The next Read Play Blog topic is: What geek conventions have you been or would like to attend? To participate in Read Play Blog, post your answer to the question, a gaming recommendation and what you’re currently playing on the 16th of each month and Link up! More info here.
- Mockingjay Part 2 Trailer is out! What do you think?
You May Have Missed…
What’s up in your bookish world?
You might also like..
Latest posts by Jeann @ Happy Indulgence (see all)
- Deep Water Review: Mystery Thriller Keeps Us Guessing - March 26, 2020
- Infinity Son Review: Phoenix Powers & Brotherhood - February 14, 2020
- January Wrap Up: It’s Been a Busy Start to the Year! - January 31, 2020