It’s been a pretty busy week at work, especially with working all last weekend in Townsville. It was such a beautiful, tropical and warm destination though, it felt like a wonderful getaway.
My guest reviewer Kristy is heading to the USA for a holiday! She won’t be posting for a while until she’s back. I’m looking for more Aussie-based guest reviewers though who would like to read & review some of my review copies, so if you are interested please get in touch by emailing email@example.com
This week I also got extremely obsessed with Asti & Kelley’s Bookish Games. I had no idea it was so intense!
My 3 year blogoversary is coming up next week. Time flies when you’re having fun 😀
I picked up my Collector’s edition Batman: Arkham Knight though, which came with an awesome statue. The PC game is broken, but my PC isn’t good enough to play it at the moment XD. My Fallout 4 Collector’s Edition got cancelled though, because Game.co.uk doesn’t ship overseas which makes me so sad…I wish they said that when I ordered it =/
I feel so honoured to have received a manuscript copy of Paperweight by Meg Haston! The publisher ran out of review copies and sent me this instead. Thanks Hot Key Books!
Me and Earl and the Dying Girl by Jesse Andrews – There’s been a lot of cancer/terminal illness books recently, but this one sounds like it has a great humour about it.
Second Chance Summer by Morgan Matson – Having read and loved Since You’ve Been Gone, I’m looking forward to another summery read.
Dumplin by Julie Murphy – I’ve heard great things about this book and the bigger character.
Wicked Embers by Keri Arthur – I like paranormal reads, but this one is the 2nd in a series I haven’t read :S
When You’re Back by Abbi Glines – I haven’t read any of the Rosemary Beach series yet, but is it something that I can read standalone?
Life with a Sprinkle of Glitter by Louise Pentland – Looks like a fun book with some handy tips.
Thank you to Allen and Unwin, Simon and Schuster Australia, Penguin Random House, Walker Books Australia, and Hachette for these review copies.
The Iron Trial by Holly Black & Cassandra Clare – I haven’t heard many favourable things, but seeing as both authors are visiting Australia in November, I thought I better pick up a copy to be signed.
None of the Above by I.W. Gregorio – I love diverse reads!
June Wrap Up
In June I read 15 books. 9 of these were review copies. My most read genre was contemporary YA.
Favourites – Vision in Silver was an awesome next installment to The Others series and I just lapped it up! I also loved An Ember in the Ashes, which had a completely brutal world.
5 Stars: Vision in Silver, Ms Marvel Vol 1
4.5 Stars: An Ember in the Ashes
4 Stars: Finding Audrey, Magonia, Thrive, Ms Marvel Vol 2
3 stars: The Wicked Will Rise, Me Being Me is Exactly as Insane As You Being You, Kissing in America, Extraordinary Means, The Haunting of Sunshine Girl
3.5 stars: Becoming Rain
2 stars: Seven Days
1 star: What She Left
June Discussion Posts
- Chatterbox: A Book Hoarders Mentality
- Indulgence Insider #30 – Lifeline Bookfest & My Shelves
- Indulgence Insider #31 – Books for Trade AU & Bookish News
- Read Play Blog #12 – Game World I’d Like to Live In
- Chatterbox: I want a social media “off” button
- Indulgence Insider #32 – E3 Gaming Highlights & Blogger Love
- Challenger Deep was a very metaphorical book, which explored schizophrenia in a honest way. 4 stars.
- Royal Wedding is the first adult installment of Princess Diaries! Such a fun read so far!
- Thrive was my least favourite Addicted novel, which covered the last 2 Calloway sisters events. 4 stars.
- How They Met and Other Stories was a LBGT short story compilation, pretty meh. 2 stars.
Reviews to come!
Some of my favourite #bookstagrams I posted, with the gorgeous ocean views:
Some recent discussion posts I’ve enjoyed:
- Jillian @ Jillian’s Books admires book bloggers
- Mishma @ Chasing Faerytales says blogging has changed her as a person
- Amanda @ Beautiful Bookish Butterflies on revamping old content
- Jen @ YA Romantics asks are you an early review avoider?
- Shannon @ It Starts At Midnight on are you a part-time perfectionist
- Chiara @ Books for a Delicate Eternity on reading subpar books
- Mel @ YA Midnight Reads lists things that piss off a YA reader
- Charlene @ Bookish Whimsy on the fangirl process
- Check out July’s Aussie YA Bloggers Newsletter. Subscribe here!
- The Let it Snow movie has a release date of December 2016!
- Tumblr blew up about John Green responding to a teen girl about being accused of being creepy. It all got a bit out of hand.
- Harry Potter book night returns on Feb 4, 2016 with tonnes of bookish events.
- The back cover of Queen of Shadows is completely gorgeous! That Dress!
Geek & Gamer News
- Spiderman has been confirmed for Captain America: Civil War.
- Wonder woman will play an important part in Batman v Superman.
- Tales from the Borderlands Episode 3 was absolutely hilarious and so fun! I reviewed it here.
You May Have Missed…
I rave about Saga Volume 1 & 2 Reviews: Expect the Unexpected
Check out the gorgeous Cover Reveal: Stray by Rachael Craw
Me Being Me Is Exactly as Insane as You Being You Review: Lists > Story
Thriller Reviews #2 – The Haunting of Sunshine Girl & What She Left
What’s up in your world? Tell me below!
You might also like..
Latest posts by Jeann @ Happy Indulgence (see all)
- Without Merit Review: Depression is Not Always Obvious - November 20, 2017
- Godsgrave Review & Discussion Video: Brutal and Bloody Gladiator Assassins - November 16, 2017
- LoveOzYA Reviews: Take Three Girls & In the Dark Spaces - November 11, 2017