Hey guys, it’s been another tough week again. The boyfriend’s flu turned out to be pneumonia, and I had to take him to the emergency department. He’s made a full recovery now, but it was quite scary. It just puts things into perspective I guess.
I’m joining the August ARC Challenge held by Read Sleep Repeat! It’s not often I join challenges but I have SO many ARC’s to get through. No more library books or leisure reads, I hope I can get through a few during August! My planned reads are pretty ambitious but we’ll see how it goes:
Here’s my latest colouring masterpieces. Still completing the double page, it’s taken me all week…
Planning mode is underway for my next booktube video…I’m thinking I’ll do monthly recaps and other things in between. Hopefully will have one ready for you guys next week!
Congratulations to the following giveaway winners:
- Sui Generis has won a $15 book of choice from The Book Depository!!
- Shannyn has won Paper Towns Movie Tickets!
Honor Girl by Maggie Thrash – This looks like such a beautifully illustrated book.
The Bit in Between by Claire Varley – Sounds like a fun book.
Uprooted by Naomi Novik – I’ve heard great things about this book and can’t wait to read it!
Stray by Rachael Craw – YESSS I can’t wait to pick up the next book!
Thank you to Walker Books Australia and Pan Macmillan Australia for these review copies.
Sever by Lauren DeStefano – Found this for $5 at a clearance bookstore!
- I thought I was going to love Dumplin‘, but I didn’t. 3 stars.
- The Bit In Between is a light Aussie contemporary romance which I’m currently reading.
- Everything Leads to You was AMAZING. Loved the LA movie making setting, the enchanting Ava and the lesbian elements that just were. One of the best LGBT books I’ve ever read. 5 stars.
- Hexed was a fantastic YA urban fantasy which I loved! 5 stars.
Some of my photos on #bookstagram (I was really slack this week):
Some of my favourite discussion posts in the past week:
- Amanda @ Nellie and Co asks if you spend more time reading or blogging
- Amanda @ Nellie and Co on co-blogging vs solo blogging
- Emily @ Loony Literate talks book amnesia: the problem with series
- Inge @ Bookshelf Reflections says cats and books are a great combination
- Laura @ Laura Plus Books shares her thoughts on diversity
- Joy @ Joyous Reads on her spouse’s support of her reading habits
- Shannon @ It Starts at Midnight on ARC organisation with some handy links to tools
- Lisa & Becca @ Lost in Literature talk spoilers everywhere
- Allie @ Little Birdie Books on reading schedules
- Unwind by Neal Schusterman has a movie release date and it’s sooner than we think – April 2016!
- Brisbane Writer’s Festival tickets are on sale. Have you registered for the free Love YA event with Cassandra Clare, John Marsden and Holly Black?
- Dumplin’ has been announced as a movie! It’d be wonderful seeing this book on screen!
- The title for the Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar children movie looks epic!
- The final Mockingjay Part 2 trailer is out and it’s freakin’ epic!
Geek & Gamer News
- The Attack on Titan Live Action Movie trailer is SUPER EPIC!
- Game of Thrones Episode 5 is out on Telltale Games! I’ll be reviewing it soon.
- EB Games has released the collector’s editions of the Fallout Anthology and the Fallout 4 Nuke Pack Collector’s Edition. I was lucky enough to score this one after my Pip-Boy edition got cancelled!
You May Have Missed…
How was your bookish week?
You might also like..
Latest posts by Jeann @ Happy Indulgence (see all)
- June Wrap Up: Got My Reading Mojo Back - July 3, 2020
- The Wicker King Review: Dark mental health & bisexual rep - June 19, 2020
- The Court of Miracles Review: Les Misérables x Jungle Book Retelling - June 16, 2020