4 years ago, when I started a little WordPress blog to rant about 50 shades of gray, who knew that it would still be going strong today?
It’s been another amazing year guys, and I’m honestly so thankful that I have this blog to call my own. At the end of the day, when I open up Happy Indulgence and see all your comments with the little smiling cloud staring back at me, it fills me with peace and happiness.
Through blogging, I’ve gotten to know so much about the book and publishing industry and the love, hard work and dedication that authors, publishers and the whole industry undergo to bring these books to us.
Through blogging, I’ve discovered (and spent money on) so many amazing books and recommendations that I wouldn’t have found anywhere else.
Through blogging, I’ve met so many amazing people. A support network of bloggers, readers, publishers, and general book lovers where our friendship extends beyond our love of books. Over the years, there’s been many who’ve been and gone, but I’m grateful for the time they’ve shared with us.
I wouldn’t have it any other way. I want to blog forever and ever, because of the amazing support and passion that you continue to give us.
Blogging highlights this year:
- Jenna and Aila became my beloved co-bloggers
- New site design, thanks to Steph!! Remember when Happy Indulgence looked like this?
- I met Sarah J Maas at Supanova, my favourite author!
- Started the Aussie YA Bloggers & Readers Facebook Group which has over 280 members!
- Also miraculously maintained my booktube channel which now has 240 subscribers
- Met lots of Aussie YA authors, bloggers & readers and went to lots of bookish events!
THANKS FOR ANOTHER AMAZING YEAR!
We’ve reached 10k followers across all platforms:
2139 blog subscribers, 2800 Twitter followers, 2600 Instagram followers, 1943 Goodreads friends & 712 Facebook likes.
To celebrate our blogoversary, I’ve decided to share the Aussie YA love with our international and Aussie followers! There’s also a whole week of fun and blogoversary posts planned from Aila and Jenna, so make sure you check back.
Win an Aussie YA book worth up to $20 from The Book Depository!
- Book depository must ship to your country. Happy Indulgence is not liable for any lost mail.
- No fake entries (subscriptions must be confirmed by email) – we can tell!
- Giveaway is open internationally, ends 31 July 2016.
- Winner will be contacted by email and must respond within 48 hours, otherwise a new winner will be drawn.
You might also like..
Latest posts by Jeann @ Happy Indulgence (see all)
- Deep Water Review: Mystery Thriller Keeps Us Guessing - March 26, 2020
- Infinity Son Review: Phoenix Powers & Brotherhood - February 14, 2020
- January Wrap Up: It’s Been a Busy Start to the Year! - January 31, 2020