So we’ve just finished a whole month of having a public holiday every week in Australia, and I’m glad to have my normal routine back. We’ve booked our engagement photoshoot in 2 weeks time, but my weakness is food. Why is food so tasty? We also went to a wedding in Byron Bay which was completely gorgeous, and got to catch up with some friends which was good.
Oh, I also watched Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2! I enjoyed it…but it had some issues. There’s this asian character in there, who is a submissive female who is pretty much made to serve. It made me cringe so much, but I enjoyed Groot and the action.
I’ve started a new writing project and have reached over 3000 words! It’s not much, but it’s kind of exciting to have something on paper, rather than daydreaming about all these stories that I could tell in my head. I’ve been crying out for Asian representation in YA for a long time and instead of waiting for someone to write it, I’ve decided to just write it myself. I’m not sure how it is or where it will go, but for now I’m just having fun with it (which is the main thing).
Current giveaway (Australians only) – Win a copy of Night Swimming by Steph Bowe! Ends 21 May 2017.
April Book Haul Video
I was really good during April and only bought 2 books! But because I was so restrained then I may or may not have bought more since I made this video.
Anyway, check out my book haul video for the month below!
- Wintersong by S. Jae-Jones (purchased)
- Hunted by Meagan Spooner (purchased)
- Out of Heart by Irfan Master
- Girl in Between by Anna Daniels
- Alex Rider: Never Say Die by Anthony Horowitz
- Release by Patrick Ness
- Windfall by Jennifer E. Smith
- Avenged by Amy Tintera
- Into the White by Joanna Grochowicz
- Singing My Sister Down by Margo Lanagan
Thanks to Simon & Schuster Australia, Walker Books Australia, Hot Key Books, Allen & Unwin and Pan Macmillan Australia for the review copies.
My wrap up will be up over the next week or so when I edit it.
OZYAY On Air – 7 May 2017
It’s time for OzYAY on Air, where we cover the latest #LoveOzYA news, releases, events and review two of the latest Aussie YA releases.
Listen to our Podcast below:
- #LoveOzYA News, Events & New Releases [17 min]
- The Silent Invasion & Night Swimming Review & Discussion [29 min]
How was your bookish month?
You might also like..
Latest posts by Jeann @ Happy Indulgence (see all)
- How to Start a Book Blog in 8 Easy Steps - July 17, 2019
- Happy Indulgence Turns 7: My Journey, Live Show Announcement & Giveaway - July 11, 2019
- Why Honest Reviews Are So Important [Video] - June 18, 2019