How has your life and reading habits changed due to COVID19? Instead of doing my usual review post, I decided to visit how things have changed for me – and would like to hear from you guys for how you’re all feeling.
Here’s how COVID has affected me personally…
We’ve been lucky in my city that the COVID19 situation has been pretty contained, there are a few minor outbreaks here and there but nothing too major. I’ve been lucky enough to be working from home during this time, with limited contact between my colleagues and only heading out to a few places here and there. My parents visit to see the baby every week, Amelia goes to daycare, and I’m still working part time, but other than that…we haven’t really been doing too much else.
And how it’s affected my reading life
At the start of this year (maybe it was March), I was pretty excited to be in isolation – finally, time to read all the books on my TBR! Sadly, this hasn’t been the case. Like many others, my mental health hasn’t been that great and I haven’t been in the right head space to read as voraciously as I did in the past – sometimes all I can manage is to scroll social media!
Here’s how COVID19 has changed my reading:
- Seeing as I’m home all the time, I don’t carry a book with me everywhere I go. Because I barely leave the house lol.
- I listen to audiobooks on and off while I’m working – which is an awesome way to switch off and listen to a story while being productive and doing other stuff. Check out Jenna’s post about how her relationship with audiobooks has changed..
- I definitely don’t read as much as I did anymore – I seem to get into slumps a lot easier. I’m guessing this could be because of animal crossing?
- I really need to be in a particular mood to pick up certain reads, my brain seems to be able to handle light contemporaries and reads a lot easier than high fantasy – which is actually what I prefer!
- I can’t read anything dystopian or to do with viruses at the moment, for obvious reasons
- I really, really miss filming booktube videos and talking to you all, but the times I’ve tried to film, I’ve always been interrupted by the baby or I just can’t get into it.
- I’ve been really getting into bookstagram a lot more and trying to reach 10k followers before the end of the year! I’ve started posting daily and been really interacting with the community and really loving it.
- As always, I’m definitely focusing a lot more on own voices read, particularly ones by BIPOC authors.
- I’ve been terrible at keeping up to date with the blog. What would I do without Jenna and Bec?
- I’ve come to terms that I’m better at hoarding books than reading them.
Anyway, I want to know how are you all doing? How has COVID19 affected you and your reading? Chat with me in the comments below (or on any of my socials anytime)!
Latest posts by Jeann @ Happy Indulgence (see all)
- I Kissed Shara Wheeler Review: Queerness in a religious community - June 17, 2022
- 4 Things I Loved About House of Sky and Breath - May 31, 2022
- Gallant Review: Haunting Gothic Tale of Family Secrets - April 28, 2022