Series: Embassy Row #2
Published by Scholastic Inc. Australia on February 1st, 2016
Genres: Young Adult, Thriller, Contemporary
Amazon | Book Depository | Publisher | Angus & Robertson | Booktopia | Barnes & Noble
Add to Goodreads
Inside every secret, there's a world of trouble. Get ready for the second book in this new series of global proportions--from master of intrigue, New York Times bestselling author Ally Carter.
Grace's past has come back to hunt her . . . and if she doesn't stop it, Grace isn't the only one who will get hurt. Because on Embassy Row, the countries of the world stand like dominoes, and one wrong move can make them all fall down.
The twists get twistier and the turns get even more shocking in the second thrilling installment of Embassy Row.
The Good Things
- Book 2 in the Embassy Row trilogy, a YA thriller/ contemporary series.
- Picks up directly where All Fall Down ended and gets moving. It explores more of Grace’s mother’s secrets and introduced some new mysteries.
- Like all Ally Carter books, super easy to read. Especially the last half!
- I’m super intrigued by some of the Adria history and legends introduced in this book!
- Really started to make me question who exactly Grace could trust.
- Got to meet Jamie! Also saw more Alexei and Lila which was nice. Especially getting to know Alexei more!
- I was a bit worried a love triangle was going to be introduced and then a murder immediately happened. I liked that turn haha!
- Another cliffhanger ending! I wish I didn’t have so much assessment right now so I could just binge book 3 right away.
The Not-So-Good Things
- Not as suspenseful as I was expecting. There were a few big twists every now and then, especially at the end, but that was about it.
- Also didn’t get to explore as much of Grace’s Mum’s secrets as I expected. A fair bit was introduced but not yet fully explained.
- There was less Noah, Megan, and Rosie and I missed them.
- I don’t really have any other criticisms… I was just expecting more. Hopefully the final book will deliver the suspense I’ve been waiting for.
I enjoyed this sequel, but honestly expected more from it. More suspense, more twists, more characters. Still, I did enjoy the new mysteries and plot elements that were introduced. I’m looking forward to seeing how everything wraps up in the final book.
Rating: 3 out of 5
Trigger warnings: PTSD & anxiety, murder, riots (historical)
Latest posts by Bec (see all)
- Bec’s Best Reads of 2021 - January 17, 2022
- The Girl in the Steel Corset Review: Pros and cons of evolving supernatural powers - January 10, 2022
- The Immortal Heights Review: Pros and cons of fighting the Big Bad - January 3, 2022