Hello clouds and cloudettes, so many exciting things to share with you! I’m starting a new job at the start of October, and I have a bit of a break before then. I’ve been binge reading, relaxing and finally working on my blog. I’ve also started wedding planning (seriously considering eloping from all the drama lol) and ordering some furniture for the house, yay! I ordered a new steam mop for the house and some brand name frying pans. Hey that might be boring to some but it’s life changing lol.
It’s been a rollercoaster of the year that’s been emotionally draining, hopefully this will be the fresh start I need to get myself into a better place.
I’ve been binge watching How to Get Away with Murder and I’m onto Season 2, what a crazy ass series. It’s like a better, adult version of Pretty Little Liars? Anyway, I’m totally loving it.
- Win a signed copy of Summer Skin by Kirsty Eagar (ends 2 October)
- Win a preorder of Gemina on Twitter (ends 9 October)
The delight of being home is that I get my book mail as soon as the postie drops it off (usually I have to wait until the weekends to pick it up at the post office). I was lucky enough to get a visit from the postman everyday this week!
Here I Stand by Amnesty International UK / Cell 7 by Kerry Drewery
The Thousandth Floor by Katharine McGee / The Assassins Creed: Last Descendants
The Bad Decisions Playlist by Michael Rubens / Silver in the Blood by Jessica Day George
Skyfire by Michael Adams / Artie and the Grime Wave by Richard Roxburgh
Something in Between by Melissa De La Cruz / Swarm by Scott Westerfield, Margo Lanagan and Deborah Biancotti
Assassin’s Heart by Sarah Ahiers / Goldenhand by Garth Nix
The Call by Peadar O’Guilin / The Diabolic by S.J. Kincaid
Thanks Harlequin Teen Australia, Allen & Unwin, Scholastic, HarperCollins, Penguin Random House Walker Books, Bloomsbury and Hot Key Books for the review copies!
Jenna sent me Bone Gap which I’ve been wanting to read for ages and the YA Fan Fest extract preview from Allen & Unwin.
I also ordered the limited edition Empire of Storms from Target, the cover is this beautiful Rowaelin poster on the back! It also has an exclusive short story with Rowan & Aelin.
I also ordered some gorgeous watercolour bookmarks and book boyfriend lipbalms from Behind the Pages! Sooo beautiful.
Culturally Diverse Book Recs
Diversity is everywhere at the moment, and instead of criticising books that aren’t diverse, why not support diverse books and authors who are out there already?
I put together this video with heaps of culturally diverse book recommendations, check it out!
Some great discussion posts I’ve enjoyed recently:
- CW @ Read Think Ponder talked about no representation vs misrepresentation of diversity
- Sign up to the CritYourFaves blog event on important discussion posts by Read at Midnight!
- Ava @ Bookishness and Tea writes about why we need diversity in YA.
- Puput @ Sparkling Letters on diverse representation and shares some great recs.
- Marie @ Drizzles & Hurricane Books talks about what defines a successful blogger.
OZYAY on Air – 2 October
- Looking for some diverse recommendations? Check out #diverserecs on Twitter!
- Simon vs the Homosapiens Agenda has a director! AND THE THRONE OF GLASS TV SERIES IS COMING TO HULU.
- The cover reveal for Always and Forever Lara Jean is out! It’s so, so gorgeous!
How was your bookish week?
Latest posts by Jeann @ Happy Indulgence (see all)
- Nona The Ninth Review: A Challenge to The Brain Cells - January 13, 2023
- The First To Die at The End Review: When Death is At Your Door - November 29, 2022
- The Killing Code Review: Sapphic Codebreakers Solve Murders - November 22, 2022