I’m leaving for Toronto again tomorrow (yippee!), which has really got me thinking about all the Canadian titles that I’m interested in but still have not read. So here are a short list of five books by Canadian authors that have been on my radar for a while.
1. Falling Kingdoms by Morgan Rhodes
Jesse @ Books at Dawn has been pestering me to read the Falling Kingdoms series for ages and even bought me my own copy of the first book last year… but I still have yet to read it! It is definitely going to be read before the year is over though because I’m sure, I’ll have Jesse breathing down my neck in Toronto until I do. I’ve heard that this is quite a fast-paced series with some shippable characters so I’m keen to check it out soon.
2. All the Rage by Courtney Summers
I’ve heard lots of amazing things about Courtney Summers but still haven’t read anything by her. I’ve especially heard amazing things about All The Rage and how it represents sexual abuse and the shame that girls feel.
3. Exit, Pursued by a Bear by E. K. Johnston
I haven’t heard very many good things about E. K. Johnston’s A Thousand Nights but some people have recommended Exit, Pursued by a Bear to me. It has a really beautiful cover so I might check it out if I can find it at a local library when I’m in Toronto.
4. A Spy in the House by Y. S. Lee
I really love historical fiction and I’ve head my eye on The Agency series for a while. It sounds right up my alley because I love a little bit of mystery to go with the history. Victorian London is also one of my favourite settings so I’m extremely excited to get my hands on this series at some point.
5. The Space Between by Michelle L. Teichman
I haven’t heard that much about The Space Between but I came across the cover a while ago and thought it was stunning! It’s a contemporary story with an F/F romance and I really want to check it out soon because I definitely haven’t been reading enough LGBTQIA+ books this year.
That’s it for my list. Gotta get back to packing! See you on the other side of the world.
Latest posts by Jenna (see all)
- The Road Trip Review: A Second Chance Romance that will Stick in your Mind for a While - October 7, 2021
- The Love Hypothesis Review: The Perfect Contemporary Romance for Science Lovers - September 23, 2021
- We Are Inevitable Review: A Book for Bookish People - September 2, 2021