I can hardly believe that I’m writing this on the last month of the year! How did it get to December so fast? Since I’ve gotten back from my honeymoon, I’m well and truly back into my reading and blogging groove. You may have noticed that Aila and Jenna are back too, hurrah!
I’ve had some pretty stressful weeks this month, being on a massive project at work and not having any downtime. Thankfully, this week I got to relax a bit with lots of Christmas parties on. I’m looking forward to the Christmas break, even though I only get 1 week off it should be quiet easing into the new year.
What did I get up to this November?
- I watched Justice League which I hated, and Thor: Ragnarok which I loved
- I became a Spearcraft book box rep! Use the code HAPPY10 for 10% off your subscription.
- Had hip bursitis which made it painful to walk or stand. It’s getting better now.
- Started the #LoveOzYA Buy/Swap/Sell group on Facebook, which you can join here.
- Went in for the last OZYAY of the year, where we talked our favourite reads from Singing My Sister Down and Begin End Begin: A LoveOzYA Anthology and our favourite reads of the year. Listen to the podcast here.
- Got my wedding video and photos! I’ve been too scared to share them haha. If anyone is keen on seeing the video, let me know!
I also attended the Unearthed launch with Amie Kaufman and Meagan Spooner and had a fabulous time! It was released in November for us and I’m so glad we got the chance to finally meet Meagan Spooner. I’ve loved the Starbound series since it first came out (4 YEARS AGO!!) and it was amazing witnessing the banter between both Amie and Meagan in person. It was hosted by Rhianna Patrick from ABC Radio and she did a fabulous job.
Also had the chance to catch up with my fellow Dark Days Book Club members at the launch, and we ended the night with dumplings! Now that the wedding is over, I’m looking forward to ramping up my bookish activity next year.
November Wrap Up Video
During November, I read 10 books! There were a few favourites, but I found most of them disappointing sadly.
Check out my video below or on my Youtube channel for my thoughts:
Books I read:
Gemina by Amie Kaufman & Jay Kristoff (re-read) – 5 stars
Godsgrave by Jay Kristoff – 5 stars
This Mortal Coil by Emily Suvada – 4.5 stars
The Color Project by Sierra Abrams – 4.5 stars
Little Monsters by Kara Thomas – 3.5 stars
5 to 1 by Holly Bodger – 3 stars
Because You Love to Hate Me edited by Ameriie – 3 stars
Renegades by Marissa Meyer – 2.5 stars
The Reader by Traci Chee – 2 stars
Wild Beauty by Anna McLemore – 2 stars
I’ve been posting 1-2 times a week lately on my channel which I’m super proud of.
Subscribe to my Youtube channel to see more videos!
November Book Haul
I adore my book haul from this month, so many gorgeous reads and some ARCs that I’ve been looking forward to reading too.
- Almost Midnight contains 2 illustrated short stories (Midnights from My True Love Gave To Me and Kindred Spirits)
- Girls Made of Snow and Glass is a fantasy Snow White retelling that sounds completely awesome. Thanks to Pan Macmillan Australia for sending me a copy.
- The City of Brass is a historical fantasy with magic set in 1800s Cairo and I love it already. Thanks to HarperCollins Australia!
- A Darker Shade of Magic collectors edition with a handlettered cover and illustrations, enough said
- The Forest of Thousand Lanterns which is an Eastern Asian fantasy retelling about the Evil Queen legend.
- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them Illustrated edition is seriously the most gorgeous book I own.
What did you get up to this November?
Latest posts by Jeann @ Happy Indulgence (see all)
- Babel by R.F. Kuang Review: Dark Academia Meets Colonisation - September 7, 2022
- An Arrow to the Moon Review: Chinese mythology modernised - July 21, 2022
- Verity Review: Creepy, captivating psychological thriller that will keep you up at night - July 7, 2022