Happy Indulgence Books is one of Australia’s most popular YA book blogs with a reach of over 20,000 followers across social media, including Twitter, Instagram, Youtube, Facebook and Goodreads. Our team of three bloggers are passionate about sharing our favourite reads with others, with a focus on YA books, #LoveOzYA and diverse reads.
Here you’ll find the latest bookish content, including book reviews, recommendations, author interviews and more! We hope you enjoy reading our blog!
Jeann is an Aussie YA blogger and booktuber who is passionate about books, particularly fantasy, sci-fi, #LoveOzYA and diverse representation. I started Happy Indulgence Books in July 2012 as a way to share my passion for books and to discover other people who love books as much as I do.
I am a monthly co-host on ABC radio where I talk about books, a co-host of The Name of the Book fantasy book club, and also run the Aussie YA Bloggers Facebook community. When I’m not reading or fangirling, I can be found working as a digital content producer or spending time with my family and golden retriever Toby.
I am an experienced speaker who has previously appeared at Brisbane Writer’s Festival, Whitsunday Voices Youth Literature festival and numerous author launches and events in Australia.
My speaking topics include book blogging, booktubing, book reviewing, and advice on growing a social media audience. I am also available to host any author panels or events. Please feel free to contact me for any speaking opportunities.
My previous speaking engagements include:
- Presenter, Whitsunday Voices Youth Literature Festival, 17-20 July 2019
- Panellist, Love YA: Spoilers! Behind the Scenes of Book Reviewing, Brisbane Writer’s Festival. 12 May 2018
- Panel moderator, Love YA: Criminal Minds with Sarah Epstein, Brisbane Writer’s Festival, Sep 2018
- Host, Jay Kristoff’s LIFEL1K3 Launch, May 2018
- Panel moderator, Writing Herstory: Today’s female experience in contemporary YA, 20 Aug 2016
- Panellist, Blogging panel at Love YA Festival, Brisbane Libraries, 6 Sep 2014.
As member of the #LoveOzYA community, here are some of the ways that I am involved with the reading and blogging community:
- Brisbane Writer’s Festival, Love YA Advisory Panel, ongoing since 2018
- Brisbane Writer’s Festival YA Ambassador, 2018
- Co-host, The Name of the Book Club, ongoing since 2018
- Monthly ABC Radio panellist, OZYAY with Rhianna Patrick, ongoing since Mar 2016
- Guest blogger, ibrary for Brisbane Libraries, ongoing since 2013.
- Moderator, Australian YA Bloggers & Readers, since Mar 2014
- ABC News, BookTubers: Why a New Generation of Australian Book Reviewers are Finding a Youtube Audience, 24 October 2018
- Books+Publishing, Book Blogger Spotlight: Happy Indulgence, 29 Mar 2017
- Radio NZ, BookTube and the Industry of YouTube authors [radio interview], 8 Jan 2017
Hi, I’m Jenna. I’m an Australia-based psychology PhD student, blogger, avid reader, professional procrastinator and pastry devourer. When I’m not busy conducting ‘ground-breaking’ research, I am reading books or watching Japanese dramas and TV shows.
I have loved reading since I was a pre-schooler and my childhood was spent reading Enid Blyton’s children’s books. I still occasionally take out my Magic Faraway Tree books to read. My favourite genre now, as a 20-something year old, is YA contemporary but I also love fantasy and historical fiction.
I am also the blogmistress over at Reading with Jenna, where I post more reviews and other bookish things. I hope you enjoy reading my posts here on Happy Indulgence!
Greetings! My name is Aila and I am a Floridian reader who travels through space and time… via reading, of course! Although I wish magic existed in real life, it’s enough for me to experience it vicariously through fictional characters. You can find me studying for school, reading, or fangirling 24/7. Currently, I’m at university in Georgia, USA, and studying to get a business and biology degree.
If you’re reading this, you should totally recommend a book to me! I love discovering new tales, whether it’s fantasy or contemporary or science fiction or… well, this list goes on and on. My love for books started with the Percy Jackson series and I’ve never looked back. I started my blog, One Way Or An Author, to share my love for them, but discovering the book community was the best part of the journey. I look forward to hearing from you! (Seriously, I don’t bite!)
Please consider supporting Happy Indulgence by using these affiliate links to buy books: