Hi I’m Jeann, an Aussie YA blogger and booktuber who has a passion for fantasy, sci-fi, #LoveOzYA and diverse representation.
I started Happy Indulgence Books in July 2012 as a way to share my passion for books, and it has since attained a reach of over 20,000 followers across social media. Happy Indulgence Books can now be found across multiple platforms, including Youtube, Instagram, Twitter and Goodreads. I’m so happy I get to share my passion with so many amazing people!
Publications and Events
I have appeared at the following publications and events and am available for interview or to host any panels or events. Feel free to contact me for any speaking opportunities!
- Monthly ABC Radio panellist, OZYAY with Rhianna Patrick, ongoing since Mar 2016
- Brisbane Writer’s Festival YA Ambassador, 2018
- Panellist, Love YA: Spoilers! Behind the Scenes of Book Reviewing, 12 May 2018
- Panel host, Brisbane Writer’s Festival, Love YA: Criminal Minds with Sarah Epstein, Sep 2018
- Host, Jay Kristoff’s LIFEL1K3 Launch, May 2018
- Kinokinuya panel moderator, Writing Herstory: Today’s female experience in contemporary YA, 20 Aug 2016
In the media
- Brisbane Writer’s Festival, Love YA Advisory Panel, 2018
- ABC News, BookTubers: Why a New Generation of Australian Book Reviewers are Finding a Youtube Audience, 24 October 2018
- Guest blogger, ibrary for Brisbane Libraries, ongoing since 2013.
- Moderator, Australian YA Bloggers & Readers, since Mar 2014
- Books+Publishing, Book Blogger Spotlight: Happy Indulgence, 29 Mar 2017
- Radio NZ, BookTube and the Industry of YouTube authors [radio interview], 8 Jan 2017
- Panellist, Blogging panel at Love YA Festival, Brisbane Libraries, 6 Sep 2014.
Hi, I’m Jenna. I’m an Australia-based psychology PhD student, blogger, avid reader, professional procrastinator and pastry devourer. When I’m not busy conducting ‘ground-breaking’ research, I am reading books or watching Japanese dramas and TV shows.
I have loved reading since I was a pre-schooler and my childhood was spent reading Enid Blyton’s children’s books. I still occasionally take out my Magic Faraway Tree books to read. My favourite genre now, as a 20-something year old, is YA contemporary but I also love fantasy and historical fiction.
I am also the blogmistress over at Reading with Jenna, where I post more reviews and other bookish things. I hope you enjoy reading my posts here on Happy Indulgence!
Greetings! My name is Aila and I am a Floridian reader who travels through space and time… via reading, of course! Although I wish magic existed in real life, it’s enough for me to experience it vicariously through fictional characters. You can find me studying for school, reading, or fangirling 24/7.
If you’re reading this, you should totally recommend a book to me! I love discovering new tales, whether it’s fantasy or contemporary or science fiction or… well, this list goes on and on. My love for books started with the Percy Jackson series and I’ve never looked back. I started my blog, One Way Or An Author, to share my love for them, but discovering the book community was the best part of the journey. I look forward to hearing from you! (Seriously, I don’t bite!)
Please consider supporting Happy Indulgence by using these affiliate links to buy books: