Hi everyone, it’s Jeann here! I started Happy Indulgence Books in June 2012 as a way to share my passion of reading with others. I didn’t know many readers in my life that I could share recommendations with, and blogging was the perfect way to connect with others.
So much has changed since then – I now shout about books to a global network of 20,000 readers across Twitter, Instagram, Youtube, Facebook and Goodreads. And sometimes in real life too!
Jenna joined the team in October 2015, along with Aila (who has since finished up). Bec is now part of the team as well.
Here you’ll find the latest bookish content, including book reviews, recommendations, author interviews and more! We hope you enjoy reading our blog!
If you would like to work with me to promote your latest book or bookish venture, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and request a media kit.
Please note: Happy Indulgence is not currently accepting review requests outside of publishing houses.
Jeann is an Aussie YA blogger and booktuber who is passionate about books, particularly fantasy, sci-fi, #LoveOzYA and diverse representation. I started Happy Indulgence Books in July 2012 as a way to share my passion for books and to discover other people who love books as much as I do.
I am a co-host of The Name of the Book fantasy book club, and also run the Aussie YA Bloggers Facebook community. When I’m not reading or fangirling, I can be found spending time with my family and golden retriever, Toby (who has his own Instagram account).
I love talking about books and I’ve previously spoken at Brisbane Writer’s Festival, Whitsunday Voices Youth Literature festival and numerous author launches and events in Australia.
My speaking topics include book blogging, booktubing, book reviewing, and advice on growing a social media audience. I am also available to host any author panels or events. Please feel free to contact me for any speaking opportunities.
My previous speaking engagements include:
- Presenter, Whitsunday Voices Youth Literature Festival, 17-20 July 2019
- Panellist, Love YA: Spoilers! Behind the Scenes of Book Reviewing, Brisbane Writer’s Festival. 12 May 2018
- Panel moderator, Love YA: Criminal Minds with Sarah Epstein, Brisbane Writer’s Festival, Sep 2018
- Host, Jay Kristoff’s LIFEL1K3 Launch, May 2018
- Panel moderator, Writing Herstory: Today’s female experience in contemporary YA, 20 Aug 2016
- Panellist, Blogging panel at Love YA Festival, Brisbane Libraries, 6 Sep 2014.
As member of the #LoveOzYA community, here are some of the ways that I am involved with the reading and blogging community:
- Brisbane Writer’s Festival, Love YA Advisory Panel, ongoing since 2018
- Brisbane Writer’s Festival YA Ambassador, 2018
- Co-host, The Name of the Book Club, ongoing since 2018
- Monthly ABC Radio panellist, OZYAY with Rhianna Patrick, ongoing since Mar 2016
- Guest blogger, ibrary for Brisbane Libraries, ongoing since 2013.
- Moderator, Australian YA Bloggers & Readers, since Mar 2014
- ABC News, BookTubers: Why a New Generation of Australian Book Reviewers are Finding a Youtube Audience, 24 October 2018
- Books+Publishing, Book Blogger Spotlight: Happy Indulgence, 29 Mar 2017
- Radio NZ, BookTube and the Industry of YouTube authors [radio interview], 8 Jan 2017
You can find me at: Twitter | Goodreads | Facebook | Instagram | Youtube | Tumblr
Hi, I’m Jenna. I’m an Australia-based blogger, avid reader, professional procrastinator, and pastry devourer. Lately, I’ve been into bread-making so hopefully I can add “artisan breadmaker” to my profile sometime soon! When I’m not reading books or watching Japanese dramas and TV shows, I’m a researcher and psychologist. I have a PhD in psychology and currently work to build capacity in disability and health workers who support people with intellectual disability.
I have loved reading since I was a pre-schooler and my childhood was spent reading Enid Blyton’s children’s books. I still occasionally take out my Magic Faraway Tree books to read. My favourite genre now, as a 20-something year old, is YA contemporary but I also love fantasy and historical fiction.
I am also the blogmistress over at Reading with Jenna, where I haven’t posted reviews and other things for years and years (whoops). I hope you enjoy reading my posts here on Happy Indulgence!
You can find me at: Reading with Jenna | Twitter | Goodreads | Instagram
Hi I’m Bec, an Aussie blogger, bookstagrammer and general massive nerd. I’ve been around the book blogging sphere in various places since 2010 or so. Most of that time was spent co-blogging at Readers in Wonderland (which unfortunately no longer exists due to a range of reasons, namely lack of time).
I haven’t been around the blogging world too much the last few years thanks to finishing vet school, moving countries, and starting a new job. Now that I have more free time on my hands, I found I missed fangirling about books on blogs so I’m excited to have the chance to do a few guest posts (or maybe more?!) on Happy Indulgence.
My usual go to genres are fantasy, historical, and sci fi. Young adult, middle grade, new adult, adult I don’t mind. The bigger the book the better! When I’m not reading I’m usually trying to take decent photos for my bookstagram (my success at this is questionable) or gaming (usually RPGs on my PS4).
You can find me at: Twitter | Goodsreads | Instagram
Please consider supporting Happy Indulgence by using these affiliate links to buy books: