So I finally got a Tumblr for my bookish photography! I have no idea what it’s all about but I guess it was less intimidating than I thought. Check it out here and let me know what your accounts are!
Last night I went to a friend’s hens night on a boat which was really lovely and relaxing. It ended up raining but I totally felt like we were in one of those movies where you sail off into the sunset.
Here’s my week in a photo –
A Thousand Nights by E.K. Johnston – YESS I have been wanting to read this because of the thousand nights setting. Can’t wait to pick it up!
Ink and Bone by Rachel Caine – I’m so excited for this one, I have heard so many amazing things about the library setting and Rachel Caine is one of my favourite authors. Too bad the cover isn’t as pretty as the US hardcover though.
Thank you Pan Macmillan Australia and Allen & Unwin for these review copies.
Also picked up some teas at T2, and it came with this free cup and saucer! How cute is it, it looks so much like Alice in Wonderland!
Asti and Kelley Oh the Books sent all the remaining players of Bookish Games a postcard which was a nice touch. I’m super proud of how I went during my first game, having to overcome so much suspicion and ultimately win the game with the team! Here’s what it’s all about.
Book bloggers everywhere are rejoicing for Harper’s Edelweiss releases, featuring heaps of awesome 2016 YA titles! I’m whitelisted so I was lucky enough to download them, but you can also request.
Picked this up because it was $1.99 on Amazon today! Get it here!
- Uprooted is the stuff of fairy tales, it’s lush, enchanting and features a wonderfully charming character at it’s forefront. The magic system and world in this is completely beautiful.
- Demon Road was a hilarious, fun and enjoyable supernatural adventure, but I had several issues with it. 3.5 stars – review to come.
August ARC Challenge update: I have read 9/11 ARCs. 6 of these were planned and the other 3 were ones that turned up during the month. Overall, I think I did pretty well!
- The Sky is Everywhere has been optioned for a movie by Warner Bros!
- Congratulations to Claire Zorn for The Protected winning the 2015 Victorian Premier’s Literary Award for Young Adult! This Aussie contemporary was absolutely fantastic and moving. Check out my review here.
- Author of Risk, Fleur Ferris will be doing a Q&A for #bookclubaus on Twitter, Fri 4 Sep, 8pm. Also if you tweet a review to @mybookburrow and @unfinished_book, you can win a copy of the September book club book!
- Sarah J Maas started her official newsletter! You can subscribe here.
- Megan, the third female lead for The Girl on the Train has been cast.
- The Inky Awards contenders have been shortlisted, with a range of wonderful Aussie and international writers being cast! If you are between 12-20 in Australia, vote for your favourite read here.
Geek & Gamer News
- The Borderlands franchise is being made into a live action movie! I’m looking forward to seeing Handsome Jack in the flesh and this zany techy western game come to life!
- All online purchases for Aussies, including games on Steam will be subject to the 10% GST addition by December 2017. How ridiculous is that?
Some of my favourite discussion posts this week:
- Valerie @ The Innocent Smiley on what to do when you feel behind on blogging
- My beloved Larissa, a co-blogger at YA Midnight Reads is leaving. Read her goodbye here.
- Thanks to Read at Midnight, you can download these beautiful Wrath and Dawn wallpapers for your iPhone here.
You May Have Missed…
- My dislike of the manic pixie dream girl and geeky obsessive guy in Paper Towns.
Kristy wasn’t the biggest fan of the NA What If by Rebecca Donovan
I wanted to hear more about the Chosen Ones in my review of The Rest of Us Just Live Here
My latest booktube video on #WeNeedDiverseBooks and some 2015 recommendations
How was your bookish week?
You might also like..
Latest posts by Jeann @ Happy Indulgence (see all)
- Love, Hate and Other Filters Discussion: Important Topics for Cultural Representation - February 17, 2018
- Our Favourite YA Relationships: Couples, Friends and Family - February 14, 2018
- Batman Nightwalker Review: An Origin Story Worth Reading - February 3, 2018