During the month of August, I focused on review copies for the August ARC Challenge. I didn’t do too badly, reading 10 books this month, 9 of which were ARCs. I recap the books I read during this month and share my thoughts on them, along with my September TBR.
You’ll have to excuse the lighting, I started filming around 4:30 pm and it started getting dark later in the video lol!
Subscribe to my Youtube channel!
Books I read during August:
- Queen of Shadows by Sarah J Maas – 5 Stars
- Uprooted by Naomi Novik – 5 Stars
- Stray by Rachael Craw – 4.5 Stars (Review)
- None of the Above by I.W. Gregario – 4 Stars (Review)
- The Potion Diaries by Amy Alward – 4 Stars (Review)
- Afterlight by Rebecca Lim – 3.5 Stars (Review)
- Lullaby by Bernard Beckett – 3 Stars
- Pandora Jones Reckoning by Barry Jones – 3 Stars (Review)
- Demon Road by Derek Landy – 3 Stars
- The Rest of Us Just Live Here by Patrick Ness – 3 Stars (Review)
My September TBR:
During September, I’m going to be focusing on fantasy reads instead of contemporary. I need a bit of a break!
Have you read any of these books? What were your thoughts?
Let me know in the comments below!
Latest posts by Jeann @ Happy Indulgence (see all)
- Yellowface by R.F. Kuang Review: A Bold, Unapologetic Tell-all of the Publishing Industry - July 15, 2023
- The Last Tale of the Flower Bride Review: A Gothic Dark Fairytale - May 3, 2023
- The Issues I Had With It Ends With Us - March 4, 2023