Wow, so much has happened since my last update! Since I like lists, and I’m assuming you like lists:
1. My full interview for Holly Black and Cassandra Clare is out! Check it out here! Cassandra Clare commented on my interview:
2. My booktube video on loving Aussie YA and my favourite Aussie YA authors is up.
4. Things have settled down since this post, and I’m making some changes to cope with things better. One of these include using my weekly planner more effectively, trying to have a more positive mindset and not wearing myself down when things get rough.
5. I’ll also be reducing my blogging schedule to 3 times a week instead of 4 times a week.
6. It’s Spring and my favourite season and I’m also back to my 5km runs on the weekend! My first time back after 3 months, I made PB (34.50 minutes in 5km which I’m pretty proud of!)
7. When this post is up, I’ll be at OzComicCon meeting Jim Beaver and Mark Sheppard (Bobby & Crowley from Supernatural!). Also watching the panel for Evanna Lynch & Robbie Jarvis (Luna Lovegood & James Potter)!
8. I’m going to PAX Australia in Melbourne for the 3rd year running, which means I’m coming your way Melbournites! I’ll probably organise a meetup, let me know if you’re keen!
9. Oh yeah, and Australia has a new Prime Minister – Malcolm Turnbull (thank god for that)
10. I finished my latest colouring drawing which took me 2 months on and off! The shading needs a lot of perserverance but I’m pretty chuffed with it:
- Zeroes by Scott Westerfield, Margo Lanagan & Deborah Biancotti
- The Next Together by Lauren James
- The Fate of Ten by Pittacus Lore – I haven’t read the rest of the series
- Minus Me by Ingelin Rossland
- Firewalker by Josephine Angelini – Not a fan of these different covers 🙁 now my copies don’t match!
- One by Sarah Crossan – Heard great things about the conjoined twins. I prefer this cover to the US version.
Thank you Allen & Unwin, Walker Books, Penguin Random House, Bloomsbury and Pan Macmillan Australia for the review copies!
- The Mime Order was a fantastic follow-up to the first book! I loved the richly detailed clairvoyant world. It was slow though and took me 2 weeks to read. 4 stars.
- Legacy of Kings was a rich historical reconstruction of Alexander the Great during his teenage years. I loved the setting and didn’t have a problem with the multiple povs. 4 stars.
Some of my #bookstagram shots from the past week:
- Our beloved Throne of Glass series has been optioned for TV! SO EXCITING.
- This wonderfully beautifully Harry Potter colouring book is up for preorder.
- More illustrations have been released from the 1st Harry Potter illustrated edition! It’s sooo gorgeous.
- Holly Black has signed a new trilogy with Hot Key Books called The Folk of the Air.
- Illuminae launches are being held in Melbourne and Sydney, with authors Jay Kristoff and Amie Kaufman in attendance!
- The Official 5th Wave Trailer is out:
- The Allegiant Teaser Trailer is out, featuring more overdone CG 🙁
- The Mockingjay Part 2 trailer:
Geek & Gamer News
- Starcraft II: Legacy of the Void has a release date – November 10! THe same release date as Fallout 4! It’s a hard choice but I’ve been a Starcraft girl through and through and I need to keep on top of the multiplayer ladder, so I know what I’ll be choosing.
- As if multiple collector’s editions weren’t enough, the next Fallout 4 hype release is the Merch Bundle, so you’ll be prepared to enter the vault when it’s released:
Some of my favourite discussion posts:
- Jillian @ Jillians Books talks about how she feels about controversial topics, and she balances the for and the against really well.
- Aentee @ Read at Midnight has released the most beautiful Throne of Glass iPhone Wallpapers. You can get them here.
- Diverse book recommendations by diverse authors on by CJ @ Deadly Darlings.
You May Have Missed…
- My booktube video about why you should Love Aussie YA and I recommend my top 5 Aussie/NZ authors
Where I talk about the stress and needing to be kind to yourself
My review on the Mime Order which was an awesome follow up to the series
How was your bookish week?