Hey guys! I’ve been quite exhausted after work lately, so I haven’t had the chance to blog much. I’ve mainly been eating lots of delicious food, catching up with friends and playing board games as usual. Here’s a sample of the delicious food I’ve been eating:
In case you’re wondering, I have to do personal training on top of all this food.
Other than that, the most interesting thing last week is that we bought a Dyson handheld vacuum cleaner last weekend, which really makes vacuuming so much easier! It’s so light and easy to carry around.
It’s the leap year day tomorrow which should be interesting!
OZYAY on Air – Sunday 6 March
My next radio segment is on next Sunday 6 March, where we’ll review The Diabolical Miss Hyde by Viola Carr, a steampunk Jekyll/Hyde gender swap and The Stars at Oktober Bend by Glenda Millard, a beautifully written novel about two disabled kids.
Tune in between 7-8pm NSW time! If you’ve read any of the books, feel free to join in the conversation on Twitter #ABCRhi.
Chat with Glenda Millard after the show on Facebook!
The Stars at Oktober Bend by Glenda Millard – I’ll be reading this one for the radio segment and I know Jenna loved it as well!
Raelia by Lynette Noni – After reading and enjoying Akarnae, I was pleased to get a review copy of this book!
Thanks Allen & Unwin, Simon and Schuster, Pantera Press and
I won a copy of Rebel Spring thanks to YA Romantics, ! Can’t wait to continue this story.
- I finally picked up Passenger this week! I liked the time travel and the places in time which they went, however the pacing made it tedious and I didn’t ship the characters. My review is coming up, but I gave it 3 stars.
- My Sister Rosa is an Aussie YA title that is about the guy’s sister who is a 10 year old psychopath. It’s pretty creepy so far and I like the diversity.
Here’s my favourite photos I’ve posted in the past few weeks:
From 1 March, the Aussie YA Bloggers & Readers group will be kicking off the #LoveOzYA challenge on Instagram! Will you be joining in? All you have to do is post a picture of Australian YA books matching the descriptions below, and hashtag #AusYAChallenge!
During the month of March, the #AusYABloggers want to celebrate the best of #australianyoungadult. We’re hosting a #AusYAChallenge. Hooray! You don’t need to be Australian to join in on the fun, but the challenge IS to showcase our Aussie authors. You can use physical books or ebooks, and participate each day or sporadically. I’ll be hosting along with @happyindulgence and @genie_inabook. Check out our infographic, tag an Aussie friend and leave a reply or repost if you wish to participate. We can’t wait to see your Aussie young adult happy snaps! #loveozya #challenge #aussieauthors #aussieya #yalit #bookstagram #instabooks
- Exciting movie news – Tye Sheridan has been cast as the lead actor for the Ready Player One movie! He’s definitely a fitting Wade Watts, don’t you think?
- Tickets are available for Penguin Teen Australia’s YA Squad tour! Aussie YA authors Will Kostakis, Megan Jacobson, Shivaun Plozza and Kylie Fornasier will be visiting Brisbane, Sydney and Melbourne in March! Book your tickets here.
- Aentee designed these beautiful phone wallpapers for Morning Star by Pierce Brown!
- The March Aussie YA Bloggers & Readers newsletter will be out shortly. Have you subscribed to our newsletter? Join our Goodreads & Facebook group!
- The cover has been released for A Million Worlds With You by Claudia Gray in the Firebird series! HOW GORGEOUS IS IT.
Posts from the blogosphere I’ve enjoyed in the past few weeks:
- Alyssa @ Devil Orders Takeout on having a trademark as a book blogger
- Aila @ One Way Or An Author’s absolutely hilarious typical character descriptions.
- Mel @ The Daily Prophecy talks about the emphasis she used to place on labels and other’s opinions
- Rashika @ Xpresso Reads says religion in books makes her uncomfortable
- Chiara @ Delicate Eternity asks do you prioritise your reading?
- Bec @ Readers in Wonderland talks about two types of reading guilt
- Josie @ Josie the Bookworm talks about why we need unpopular opinions
- Cait @ Paper Fury on why we love painful books
- Josephine @ Word Revel continues her bookstagram feature with scheduling and statistics apps
You May Have Missed…
- I reviewed Saint Anything and why it left a lasting impact.
- Jenna kicked off A Tangle of Gold blog tour and interviewed Jaclyn Moriarty!
- Aila talked about why she loved the desert setting and the romance in Forbidden.
- I ranted about Firstlife and how I DNFd it.
How was your bookish week?
Latest posts by Jeann @ Happy Indulgence (see all)
- I Kissed Shara Wheeler Review: Queerness in a religious community - June 17, 2022
- 4 Things I Loved About House of Sky and Breath - May 31, 2022
- Gallant Review: Haunting Gothic Tale of Family Secrets - April 28, 2022