To say it’s been a rough week has been an understatement. My sister was admitted to hospital after a scare this week and she will need to stay there for a few weeks. I’ve been looking after my nephews and making sure the family is okay. Thanks everyone for sending in your messages of positivity and support, I really appreciate each and every one of them.
On the flipside, if you haven’t seen my announcement on Twitter yet, I’ve finally got a new job! After three years in my current job, it’s time for a change and I’m really looking forward to the next step of my career! I start at the end of April.
Tomorrow will be the next Ozyay radio segment on ABC Radio on Sunday 3 April. We’ll be covering new Aussie YA release, Yellow by Megan Jacobsen and You’re the Kind of Girl I Write Songs About by Daniel Herborn. Tune in on ABC radio, via the ABC radio app or at https://radio.abc.net.au/ to listen in! You can also tweet us at #ABCRhi and we’ll answer your questions on the show. There’s also a Facebook chat with the authors after the show on: https://www.facebook.com/ABCRhi/ make sure to leave your questions if you’ve read the book!
Last week, I also attended Lynette Noni’s signing at Dymocks this week with my fellow ABC radio presenter Rhianna Patrick and Annie from thebookcube. We had so many laughs with Lynette and took lots of photos, it was so much fun and she was super lovely and bubbly!
Akarnae by Lynette Noni for the signing, finally have my own copy now!
- The Ask and the Answer and Monsters of Men were epic follow ups to the first book! I gave them 5 stars.
- You’re the Kind of Girl I Write Songs About I wasn’t a fan of, which I’ll be covering in OzYay. I gave this book 2 stars because it was written for a specific audience.
- Currently reading Morning Star which takes a while to get into, but is pretty epic so far.
My favourite pics from Instagram in the past week. Follow me on @happyindulgence for more pics!
During March, I hosted the #AusYAChallenge with Kelly @ Diva Booknerd and Genie @ Genie in a Book. Every day, we posted a new Aussie YA recommendation! It’s quite hard work hosting a challenge but it was a lot of fun seeing lots of love for our local authors.
- Tickets for the next big YA event in Australia, TeenCon 2016 are available! It’s part of Sydney Writer’s Festival and will be held Sunday 22 May. Who’s going?
- New YA novels for Catwoman, Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman will be written by our favourite YA authors, Sarah J Maas, Leigh Bardugo, Marie Lu and Matt de la Luna!
- To replace #PTAChat, the lovely Felicity, formerly from Penguin Teen Australia will be hosting #YATalk on Wednesday 6 April at 7:30pm Australian EST. I’m so excited to hear this!
- Check out my #YASquad2016 recap with authors Will Kostakis, , Shivaun Plozza, Megan Jacobson and Kylie Fornasier here or on my booktube video.
- Parajunkee is doing a book blogger 2016 survey with some interesting questions. Take it here.
- Are you in QLD? Join the YA Book Lovers book club here where we’ll meet once a month to chat about books!
- The cast for the Series of Unfortunate Events on Netflix is here.
- Cover reveal for Laini Taylor’s Strange the Dreamer!
- Larissa @ Life as Larissa discusses the tangled web of author and blogger relationships.
- On the flipside, Bieke @ Quite the Novel Idea talks about why it’s okay to be friends with authors.
- Amanda @ Nellie and Co provides an instagram guide on increasing your likes and followers
- Josephine @ Word Revel talks about consistency for bookstagram
- Aentee @ Read at Midnight asks what if your favourite book is problematic? ‘
- Aentee @ The Social Potato shares this guide to meeting bloggers in real life!
You May Have Missed…
- I recapped #YASquad2016 with Will Kostakis on my latest booktube video.
- Why I Didn’t Love The Wrath and the Dawn which I found really problematic.
- A reminder for the legal issues with copyright and plagiarism for bloggers.
- Jenna and I reviewed two Aussie YA reads – Frankie and Yellow.
- Aila loved Dreamology – find out why!
- Find out my convoluted thoughts on Batman v Superman.
How was your bookish week?
Latest posts by Jeann @ Happy Indulgence (see all)
- Yellowface by R.F. Kuang Review: A Bold, Unapologetic Tell-all of the Publishing Industry - July 15, 2023
- The Last Tale of the Flower Bride Review: A Gothic Dark Fairytale - May 3, 2023
- The Issues I Had With It Ends With Us - March 4, 2023