I can’t believe it’s actually June already! In May, I got settled in my new job, visited Sydney Writer’s Festival and went to TeenCon, and there I met my co-blogger Jenna! It was an exhausting month with lots of late nights at work but I’m feeling like I’m getting my routine back.
I’m too exhausted to do a video today but hopefully will do one later in the month before I have to return my library books.
I’m really looking forward to the #OzYay radio show tonight on ABC radio, because I loved both of the books that we are covering – Summer Skin by Kirsty Eagar and A Tangle of Gold by Jaclyn Moriarty. If you have any questions for the authors, you can leave them on Facebook here, which they’ll answer live at 8pm AEST tomorrow. There’s going to be sport on live radio, so the best way to tune in will be online (Rhianna Patrick’s show) or via the ABC radio app at 7pm AEST (also handy if you’re outside Australia). Remember to tweet us at #ABCRhi.
Books I Read
This month, I read 12 books! I binged heaps of books in the past week, in an effort to read my library books before they need to be returned. I’ve had quite a few of these on my TBR for ages, so it felt good to finally tackle them. I also binged the Colours of Madeleine series by Jaclyn Moriarty, in time for the OzYay radio segment tonight. To my delight, it was such a wonderfully whimsical and charming series that is unique and memorable.
- Truthwitch by Susan Dennard – 5 stars
- Forbidden by Kimberley Griffiths Little – 5 Stars (Aila’s Review)
- A Corner of White by Jaclyn Moriarty (The Colours of Madeleine #1) – 5 stars (Jenna’s Review)
- The Cracks in the Kingdom by Jaclyn Moriarty (The Colours of Madeleine #2) – 4.5 stars (Jenna’s Review)
- A Tangle of Gold by Jaclyn Moriarty (The Colours of Madeleine #3) – 5 stars (Jenna’s Review)
- Summer Skin by Kirsty Eagar – 4.5 stars (Review)
- My Heart and Other Black Holes by Jasmine Warga – 4 stars
- This is Where the World Ends by Amy Zhang – 3.5 stars
- The Winner’s Kiss by Marie Rutkoski – 3 stars (Review)
- A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J Maas – 3 stars (Review)
- Wink Poppy Midnight by April Genevieve Tucholke – 3 stars (Review)
- The Smell of Other People’s Houses by Bonnie-Sue Hitchcock – 3 stars
Reviews for these books coming soon!
My book haul was out of control this month! I got the amazing books below from Aussie publishers, some were requested but most of them were unsolicited. Which ones have you read? I’m really excited about Nevernight and One Would Think the Deep!
Jenna gave me All the Bright Places and the Yearbook Committee, and also brought back Kindred Spirits from Aila. The rest I bought because of various book sales and because I couldn’t help myself. That’s a good excuse right?
What About Aila and Jenna?
Aila is almost finished with school and talks about all the amazing books she read!
Jenna shares a bit about her adventures in Florida and Sydney Writer’s Festival, and also the books she read in May.
How was your May?
You might also like..
Latest posts by Jeann @ Happy Indulgence (see all)
- Infinity Son Review: Phoenix Powers & Brotherhood - February 14, 2020
- January Wrap Up: It’s Been a Busy Start to the Year! - January 31, 2020
- Jeann’s Top 10 Books of 2019 - January 16, 2020