There’s so many exciting events and activities coming up in #LoveOzYA land, so I thought I’ll share some of them with you!
August TBR Video
To prepare for all of these upcoming events, I’ve been reading like a madwoman! Check out my TBR for August:
Subscribe to my Youtube channel!
Sydney Aussie #LoveOZYA Panel
Sydney, I’m flying down on August 20 to host this panel of 5 wonderful #LoveOzYA authors, talking about contemporary YA experiences for females in Aussie YA fiction. I’ve been reading all of their books which has lots of fun (but also lots of reading)! The authors are:
- Sarah Ayoub (Hate is Such a Strong Word, The Yearbook Committee)
- Kirsty Eagar (Summer Skin)
- Gabrielle Tozer (The Intern, Faking It)
- Erin Gough (The Flywheel)
- Tamar Chnorhokian (The Diet Starts on Monday)
RSVP here! I hope to see you there!
#AusYABloggers Blog Hop & Twitter Chat
It’s been an amazing week of Aussie YA recommendations across the blogosphere! I’ve added so many books to my TBR and it’s been awesome seeing everyone’s favourites. Check out the link to the posts here!
Our Twitter chat will be held tomorrow on Sunday August 14th at 6pm! Follow us on @AusYABloggers or the hashtag #AusYABlogChat to join in the fun!
OzYAY on Air – August Podcast
We talked about two books that had a common theme – racism and discrimination: When Michael Met Mina by Randa Abdel-Fattah and Beauty is in the Walking by James Moloney.
Brisbane Writer’s Festival -10-11 Sep
We have an amazing line-up of authors heading to our shores next month, and I’ve been madly reading so I can be prepared when I see the authors! Here’s some of the events I’m heading to:
- Nevernight by Jay Kristoff
- David Levithan & Meg Rosoff’s Ultimate book chat
- Illuminae with Jay Kristoff & Amie Kaufman
- My Sister Rosa with Justine Larbalestier
- Hidden Bodies with Caroline Kepnes
- Summer Skin by Kirsty Eagar is also on
Melbourne Writer’s Festival – 27-28 Aug
Rainbow Rowell and David Levithan are heading to Melbourne Writer’s Festival and I’m so jealous! I wish I could fly down and be there.
- YA Superstars Panel with Rainbow Rowell and David Levithan
- Coming of Age with Vikki Wakefield and Claire Zorn
- Fantasy Fiction: Rainbow Rowell & Lev Grossman
- David Levithan: Queer YA
Are you heading to any of these events?
Latest posts by Jeann @ Happy Indulgence (see all)
- The Boy From Mish Review: A queer Indigenous #LoveOzYa story - July 29, 2021
- BLOG PARTY: 9 Underrated Reads We Love + INT Giveaway - July 18, 2021
- Firekeeper’s Daughter Review: An Own Voices Native American Investigation - July 8, 2021