It’s my favourite time of the year again and the holiday season is upon us! It’s the 4th year of the Aussie YA Bloggers Secret Santa Blog Hop, and together with my hosts Thoughts by J and Loony Literate, we’re launching the blog tour to kick off today. The Aussie YA Bloggers & Readers group is on Facebook and Goodreads, where we talk about the latest Aussie YA releases, events and blog tour opportunities and it’s a lot of fun!
Blog hop questions:
1. What are your top 5 favourite books this year?
This is the hardest question ever lol. My top 5 favourites are mainly sequels and series enders:
- Crooked Kingdom by Leigh Bardugo,
- Gemina by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff (surprise surprise),
- Morning Star by Piece Brown,
- Nevernight by Jay Kristoff and
- The Knife of Never Letting Go by Patrick Ness (or in fact, the whole trilogy!).
2. What are your top 5 favourite Aussie YA books this year?
Because of covering these books on OzYAY and lots of wonderful recommendations I’ve picked up from you all this year, my favourite are:
- Summer Skin by Kirsty Eagar,
- My Sister Rosa by Justine Larbalestier,
- Freedom Swimmer by Wai Chim,
- The Flywheel by Erin Gough (called Get It Together, Delilah in the US)
- The Yearbook Committee by Sarah Ayoub.
There are so many great Aussie YA books to suit everyone and I’m so glad that they explore so many different issues in such a convincing way. Diversity is also done so naturally and I love Aussie YA.
3. How did you go with your Goodreads challenge?
My Goodreads challenge was to read 120 books this year. Given that we’ve moved house and I’ve switched jobs twice and we’re soon to get a puppy, I’m pretty happy with my progress so far! I’ve read about 108 books and hopefully will reach my goal, but if not I’m not too fussed about it.
4. What is your favourite blogging moment of 2016?
My favourite part of blogging is meeting other bloggers and authors at blogging events, and Teencon 2016 at Sydney Writer’s Festival was the best! I hung out with Aentee @ Read at Midnight and Jenna throughout the day and also caught up with lots of bloggers, plus got to find out about the latest releases from publishers.
It was also amazing attending Brisbane Writer’s Festival and following Jay Kristoff and Amie Kaufman around as well as my QLD bloggers Sarah T, Sarah M, Chiara and all the lovely other bloggers I hung out with over the weekend!
I also loved starting the #Ozyay segments on ABC Local radio with Rhianna Patrick and Sarah Mayor Cox, we can’t believe it’s almost been a year! I have so much fun chatting about books with these girls.
5. What are your blogging goals for 2017?
This is always the hardest question every year because while I do have blogging goals, it feels like every year comes with opportunities that I would’ve never imagined otherwise! Next year, I hope to grow my instagram followers to 5k and be more consistent with my booktube videos. I hope to host some more fun blogging events as well plus more fun combined posts with Aila and Jenna!
6. What books are you looking forward to in 2017?
There are so many that I’m looking forward to:
- 2nd Nevernight book by Jay Kristoff
- 3rd Illuminae book by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff
- Unearthed by Amie Kaufman and Meagan Spooner – tomb raider in space!
- Wires and Nerves by Marissa Meyer – a graphic novel on the Lunar Chronicles
- Flame in the Mist by Renee Abdieh
7. What is your favourite thing about the Aussie YA community?
I love how there’s a real sense of community here between all the bloggers, booktubers, authors, publishers, etc.! Compared to the drama that always seems to be going on, we feel like one big happy family. We’re also incredibly lucky that Aussie publishers are so incredibly supportive of us doing our thing too, and I love interacting with authors. I’m so glad to be a part of it!
3 clues for my santee:
1. We haven’t spoken before.
2. You have lots of romance reads on your wishlist.
3. Your name is very holiday appropriate.
Follow the Aussie YA Blog Hop below! If you’re part of the hop, add your blog link to your post:
You might also like..
Latest posts by Jeann @ Happy Indulgence (see all)
- Giveaway & Blog Tour: 5 Things I Liked About Emergency Contact - January 15, 2019
- 2018 Highlights & 2019 Goals - January 6, 2019
- 2018 Blogging & Reading Stats - December 30, 2018