It feels so good to finally get over my reading slump! I’ve been reading some really good books lately, like STRANGE THE DREAMER which you should all read which definitely helps. I also read The Hate U Give which is such an important book that left me feeling quite emotional. My review will be going up this week!
I’ve been trying out this new food delivery service called Youfoodz, which delivers ready made meals to your door and it’s absolutely delicious! When I’m working, wedding planning, blogging and looking after a puppy, the last thing I want to do on top of all that is to cook and clean. This saves me a lot of time and I’ll probably keep going with it. We’ve been getting into a healthier routine lately with exercise and everything, so every little bit helps!
Toby is 5 months already, I can’t believe how fast they grow! We take him for walks every morning and have been taking him to the dog park, so he’s a lot calmer at home. It’s a bit scary at the dog park though, you constantly have to be on your guard to pull your dog out of a bad situation. He does pretty well on his own, but I think he’ll do better once he’s fully grown against other big dogs.
How to Bee by Bren MacDibble
The Upside of Unrequited by Becky Albertalli
The Song Rising by Samantha Shannon (finished copy)
Strange the Dreamer by Laini Taylor (signed copy)
Defy the Stars by Claudia Gray
The Pearl Thief by Elizabeth Wein
The Silent Invasion by James Bradley
My Name is Victoria by Lucy Worsley
Stargazing for Beginners by Jenny McLachlan
The Blue Cat by Ursula Dubosarsky
With thanks to Hachette Australia, Penguin Random House, Bloomsbury, Hot Key Books, Pan Macmillan Australia and Allen & Unwin Australia.
February Fairyloot Unboxing
I loved the February version of Fairy Loot, which was Empress of a Thousand Skies! I just about died when I saw the Manon and Dorian print and the Illuminae coaster.
I’m super excited for the March edition because it’s a recent FAVOURITE BOOK 😀
- The Beauty and the Beast movie is out and I can’t wait to see my childhood dreams come to life!
- If you’re in the US or UK, you can get your super limited hardcover of Kindred Spirits by Rainbow Rowell on Indie Bookshop Day (April 29).
- Mandy Moore has joined the cast of The Darkest Minds YA adaptation. I haven’t read it, so I’m not sure how I feel about this.
- The cover for Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban illustrated edition has been released and ITS SO BEAUTIFUL.
- Reading Matters Public Day has been announced on Sunday 4 June in Melbourne, with Jennifer Niven, Jay Kristoff, Rachael Craw, Shivaun Plozza and other authors in attendance! I’m so jealous and can’t wait to see all the photos and tweets. Register here.
- Have you joined the Facebook group for Aussie YA Bloggers & Readers? I post all the Aussie book events and other news there.
- We’ve got a release poster for Everything Everything by Nicola Yoon below! Isn’t it beautiful?
Here’s some great diverse discussion posts that I’ve read lately:
- CW @ Read Think Ponder talked about characters with difficult names and how non-English names are treated in fiction (and in real life).
- Puput @ Sparkling Letters covers Muslim representation in books and highlights Muslim book bloggers.
- Fadwa @ Word Wonders talks about what feminism is and isn’t, and intersectional feminism.
- Ava @ Bookishness and Tea lists out marginalised book bloggers you should be following (thanks for including us!)
- Sarah @ Written Word Worlds is frustrated about love curing mental illness in YA (this does not happen).
- Rashika @ Xpresso Reads highlights diverse books released in February 2017.
- One of my favs, Asti from Oh The Books is back with her own blog A Typical Narrative. Check it out!
How is your bookish week? Any of these books catch your eye?
You might also like..
Latest posts by Jeann @ Happy Indulgence (see all)
- April Wrap Up Video: My Thoughts on 9 Books, Yay! - May 21, 2017
- Blogging Motivation: The Struggle is Real - May 19, 2017
- The Crown’s Fate Review: Imperial Russian Fantasy with a Lacklustre Ending - May 14, 2017