Can you believe Easter has been and gone? I’m slightly envious (okay, super jealous) at everyone eating chocolate though, seeing as I’m allergic to dairy so no chocolate for me 🙁 that doesn’t stop me from having all the bubble tea and coconut milk ice cream in the world though 😀
Jeann’s Exhausted Babbling
I’ve had a super hectic weekend again though, we took Toby hiking and out to breakfast, and I feel like I’ve been eating my weight in korean bbq and sushi lately with friends! Anyway, in Australia we have a public holiday on Tuesday (ANZAC Day) and we’re off to a wedding on Friday at Byron Bay. We’re only there overnight, but I’m super eager for some much needed rest.
I’ve been feeling super exhausted lately and it’s taking a major effect on my stress and energy levels, so I really need to prioritise some down time. Does anyone else tend to overwork/overschedule/generally forget you’re a living breathing human that needs to rest and relax?
Night Swimming Launch with Steph Bowe
I also went to the Night Swimming launch in Brisbane with the lovely Steph Bowe, which was fascinating hearing how she came up with the book (she had a dream and wrote GOAT TRAGEDY on a sticky note) and her writing life as well. Steph is only 23 and she’s released 3 books, the first one when she was 16! She’s hilarious and so inspirational. I was actually on a panel with her 3 years ago and it was lovely seeing her again! She’s pictured below with the lovely Paula Weston (Author of the Rephaim series).
NEXT OZYAY ON AIR, 7 May 2017: We’re covering Night Swimming by Steph Bowe and The Silent Invasion by James Bradley on ABC Local Radio (Australia) at 7-8pm AEST. Tune in via your local ABC radio station, via the ABC Radio App or online to hear about the latest #LoveOzYA news and our reviews on these two books!
March Book Haul Video
I thought it’s been a while since I’ve showed Toby in one of my videos, and it’s amazing how much he’s grown! My floof is now 6 months old and I can’t believe how much time has flown by! We can’t imagine life without him now, and he certainly brings us joy when we come home after work. Check out my March Book Haul video below for my March book haul and a grumpy Toby.
- The Aussie YA Bloggers Group are looking for new admin to join our team! Apply here.
- My favourite GEMINA (review here) won the 2016 Aurealis awards for the best sci-fi novel, and Lady Helen and the Dark Days Pact (review here) won the best YA novel of 2016!
- The next Throne of Glass novel title has been released, which is called Tower of Dawn. This will be Chaol’s novel, so I’m eager to find out what he’s been up to!
- Preorder the Harry Potter 20th anniversary hardback and get these free leather bookmarks! Australian/NZ here, UK here.
- Preorder Obisidio (Illuminae #3) and go into the draw to be on the casualty list by May 1st. *fingers crossed*
- Maggie Stiefvater’s Welsh inspired fantasy, The Raven Cycle series is being adapted for television!
- Alwyn Hamilton’s desert/Western fantasy, Rebel of the Sands (review here) is also coming to the big screen!
Subscribe to my youtube channel!
Latest posts by Jeann @ Happy Indulgence (see all)
- Empire of the Vampire Review: Vampires Like You’ve Never Seen Before - October 14, 2021
- She Who Became The Sun Review: The Rise of the Ming Dynasty - October 4, 2021
- Gods & Monsters Review: A Disappointing Ending - September 20, 2021