One thing that is important to me in reading are books that I can relate to, especially those that feature Asian main characters. Created by Shenwei @ Reading Asiam and hosted by many Asian bloggers, #AsianLitBingo is a reading challenge where the blogosphere will be reading books featuring Asian main characters during May.
I’m excited for this challenge because I’ll get to finally pick up some of my TBR that I’ve put off (you know how it is), and also find out what everyone else is reading and add to my TBR.
It looks like there’ll be a Twitter chat and prizes as well, check out the original post for more details and to join the challenge! The beautiful graphics in this post are by Aentee @ Read at Midnight!
I’m aiming to get a Bingo on the middle line horizontally, just so I can fit some of my TBR on it. Who knows how I’ll go through, I’m pretty lofty like that 😛
SFF with Asian MC
This has been on my TBR since the start of the year, and I can’t wait to finally pick it up. I love sci-fi and POC characters so naturally, this is a must read for me!
Historical fiction with Asian MC
I’ve heard so many recommendations about this beautiful historical fiction and I can’t wait to pick it up!
YES this is one of my highly anticipated books on my TBR and I can’t resist a good Japanese/Samurai read.
Retelling with Asian MC
A phantom of opera retelling set in a Chinese factory, how amazing does that sound?
Note: This book doesn’t qualify for the challenge as it isn’t written by an Asian author.
Contemporary with Asian MC
I ordered this from The Book Depository and can’t wait for the conclusion to Lara Jean’s series! If you haven’t heard of it, this series is a cute, adorable contemporary featuring a Korean-American main character.
Depending on how I go, I might mix and match some of the books below. If I meet the above though I’ll be beyond stoked.
- When Dimple Met Rishi by Sandhya Menon (South Asian)
- Laurinda by Alice Pung (Asian Immigrant)
- Everything I Never Told You by Celeste Ng (HF or Asian Immigrant)
- Not Your Sidekick by C.B. Lee (LGBTQIA or Superhero)
- Heroine Complex by Sarah Kuhn (LGBTQIA or Superhero)
Are you joining the #AsianLitBingo challenge?
What books are on your TBR? Link me below!
You might also like..
Latest posts by Jeann @ Happy Indulgence (see all)
- Love, Hate and Other Filters Discussion: Important Topics for Cultural Representation - February 17, 2018
- Our Favourite YA Relationships: Couples, Friends and Family - February 14, 2018
- Batman Nightwalker Review: An Origin Story Worth Reading - February 3, 2018