Today is Happy Indulgence’s 5th year, and I’m super proud about how far we’ve come since the very beginning! I would not still be blogging after such a long time without all of your support.
One of my favourite parts about blogging is definitely the people that I’ve met through our mutual love of books. I’m so happy to call you guys my friends and coming to blog at the end of a work day is like coming home after a long time away. Not everyone has a passion in life and it really keeps me going you know?
Our Celebration Video
Anyway, I’ve prepared something special for you today! Aila, Jenna and I jumped on Google Hangouts and answered a bunch of questions. It’s the first time we’ve done a video together (being in different countries and all) but we talk about what happens behind the scenes, funny co-blogger quirks, our favourite part about co-blogging together and some favourite book recommendations this year.
The video does contain some dodgy audio though, so sorry about that! Around the 15:43 min mark the video/audio does get clearer, thanks to Skype (boo Hangouts). You can watch the video here or below!
I hope you enjoy it! Please let us know what you think in the comments below, and subscribe to my channel if you haven’t already!
Aila and Jenna will be with you later on this week to share their blog celebration posts too 🙂
List of books we talked about
Our favourite diverse #ownvoices books of 2017 (so far)
1. The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas – Aila & Jeann
2. Starfish by Akemi Bowman Dawn – Aila
3. The Epic Crush of Genie Lo by F.C. Yee – Aila
4. When Dimple Met Rishi by Sandhya Menon – Jenna & Jeann
5. Always and Forever, Lara Jean by Jenny Han – Jeann & Jeann
6. We Should All be Feminists – Jenna
What we’re currently reading
1. Stargazing for Beginners by Jenny McLachlan – Jenna
2. Strange the Dreamer by Laini Taylor – Jenna
3. Deviate: The Science of Seeing Differently by Beau Lotto – Jenna
4. The Sandcastle Empire by Kayla Olson – Aila
5. Rebel Seoul by Axie Oh – Aila
6. Songs that Sound Like Blood by Jared Thomas – Jeann
7. Wreck by Fleur Ferris – Jeann
To celebrate our blogoversary, I am giving away a hardback of Empress of a Thousand Skies or a paperback of Strange the Dreamer, as long as The Book Depository ships to you!
- Just enter the rafflecopter form below (no cheating – we can tell!)
- Winner must respond within 48 hours and your name will be displayed on the widget below. We take no responsibility for lost or stolen packages.
- Giveaway ends 30 July 2017.
You might also like..
Latest posts by Jeann @ Happy Indulgence (see all)
- Why I Loved The Cruel Prince - January 20, 2018
- 5 Reasons Why I Love Sci-Fi – Zenith Blog Tour & Giveaway - January 18, 2018
- #LoveOzYA Reviews: The Secret Science of Magic & Ballad For a Mad Girl - January 5, 2018