So much has gone on in the past 4 weeks, I got married to the love of my life, went to Hawaii for 3 weeks and had an awesome adventure, and now I’m back! Where should I start?
I Got Married!
Our wedding went without a hitch, or maybe just one. Wedding planning was definitely more stressful than fun, and I’m actually relieved that all the excitement is over for now. All the stress and planning amounted to the most perfect day imaginable (there were hiccups of course, but it really didn’t matter). I had the most wonderful day with friends and family and I’m so happy to treasure these memories forever.
I Went to Hawaii for our Honeymoon!
After that, we headed off to Hawaii for an epic 3 week honeymoon! The last time we were overseas was 3 years ago, so we decided to make the most of it. We spent 5-6 days on each island, visiting Big Island, Maui and Oahu.
Here’s the highlights:
- Snorkelling at Molokini crater and amongst sea turtles on Maui
- Hiking into the Kīlauea Iki crater at Volcanoes National Park
- Seeing the sunset from the summit of Mauna Kea Volcano, the tallest mountain below sea level
- Stargazing at Mauna Kea and seeing Saturn and its moons
- Driving to the summit of Haleakala Crater in Maui, and seeing the sunset amongst the clouds
- Ziplining down the Kaanapali Ali mountains in West Maui
- Swimming at the most beautiful beaches in the world.
If you ever get the chance to go to Hawaii, I would definitely recommend it! It was such a stressfree, relaxing holiday with lots of adventures to be had. Everywhere you look there are beautiful views and scenery, and the people are so lovely there. We loved our holiday and I already want to go back!
I Hauled Some Books!
I must have visited Barnes & Noble almost everyday when I was in Maui and Oahu. After all, it’s my natural habitat.
So after such an exciting year, what is in store for the rest of the year? I want to just relax and catch a breather, maybe join Nanowrimo and also focus on my career.
In case you missed it, be sure to check out the following blogger guest posts when I was away:
- Fandoms as YA Novels by Sarah @ Written Word Worlds
- 5 Reads That’ll Take You Back To Primary School By Sofia Casanova
- 10 Book Recommendations To Diversify Your TBR By JM @ Book Freak Revelations
- Mental Health In Books By Shannon @ It Starts At Midnight
You might also like..
Latest posts by Jeann @ Happy Indulgence (see all)
- Rules for Vanishing Review: A Creepy Haunted Read for Halloween - October 22, 2020
- Book buying, consumerism & being judged: A RANT - October 2, 2020
- 3 YA Books by Black Authors I’ve Recently Read - September 17, 2020