Optimism. I have been thinking a lot lately about our attitude to life and how this affects us in reading and blogging.
I recently read an article about how people who are always late (such as myself), tend to have a warped sense of time because they believe they can achieve more in the time that they have.
This article actually revealed more about myself than I’ve come to realise. And it permeates every aspect of my life.
For those who personally know me, you’d know that I’m a meticulous planner. I like to plan out my tasks of the day, whether it’s at work, at home or when it comes to blogging. Very rarely do I accomplish this detailed tasklist, but when I do I feel a massive sense of achievement.
My 2017 Blogging Goals
Same thing when it comes to blogging. On any given year, I could be wanting to achieve:
- Read 100 books in a year (where I also happened to organise a wedding, 3 week honeymoon and was on a massive project at work)
- Increase my instagram, youtube channel and blog followings
- Post on my blog at once once a week, my youtube channel at least twice a week and on instagram everyday (how do I even have time to eat or sleep?)
- Read all the ARCs that I receive (never mind that this number can be anywhere from 2 to 20 a month!)
- Network more, go to every book event and maybe even host my own! (no Jeann you’ve got YOUR OWN wedding to plan)
- Write and finish my own book (which I have no idea how to do!)
- Be part of all the bookish conversations on Twitter (even though they mostly happen when I am sleeping).
Does anyone see what I mean when it comes to a warped sense of time (and maybe reality) when it comes to blogging and reading?
As the year has almost ended and I look back at these goals that I’ve set for myself at the start of the year, I realise I MAY have been a tad too optimistic when it came to them.
The fact of the matter is, no matter how much we read, how much we blogged, or how much we achieved what we set out to at the start of the year, we have achieved more than we ever would’ve without them. While goal setting is important, I think taking a step back and recognising how far you’ve come is almost, if not even more important.
Now, to roll over the goals for next year….
Are you an optimist when it comes to blogging? How did you go with your blogging goals this year?
You might also like..
Latest posts by Jeann @ Happy Indulgence (see all)
- Sci-Fi Sequel Reviews: Undying & Wildcard - December 14, 2018
- This Cruel Design Review: Smart Sci-Fi Sequel with Gene Manipulation - December 1, 2018
- Jeann & Jenna Discuss The Lady’s Guide to Petticoats and Piracy - November 23, 2018